Nuts, Bolts and Cable

Summary: the X-force is assigned to seek out the owner of CyGen Industries, a cybernetics and bionics company that's attracted quite a lot of attention as of late. Its CEO, Nicholas Carter, died in a car accident a little over a year ago, and in the aftermath a hostile-takeover took away the company from his grieving widow. Recently, a string of incidents have been affecting CyGen, ranging from interrupted shipments to accidents on the factory workfloor, to confidential designs being hacked and placed online -free for everyone to access. Corporate espionage is suspected, but Prof. X knows differently. Charles instructs the X-force to deal with the matter in his absence. Colossus, Deadpool, Domino, Cable, Negasonic and Yukio all take part in an extensive surveillance operation, suspecting it might be a mutant at work. When they're staking out a warehouse they suspect might be the next target, Cable runs into some unexpected trouble.

**********************************************************************************************

"So... see anything yet, Tin Man?" Wade's voice came over the earpiece sounding rather bored. They'd been staking out the warehouse of CyGen Industries for near to 36 hours now, and everyone was starting to feel the strain of the long hours and shitty coffee "Uuuhuuu... you there Cable? I'm boooored"

"Shut the fuck up Wade" Cable muttered under his breath as he slightly readjusted his stance and shifted his weight from one leg to the other, eyes darting along the length of the street from the vantage point on the fire escape in the building across from the warehouse they were watching. The street was empty, a few streetlamps illuminating the scene and a couple of cars parked along the sidewalk. Nothing. That's all they'd seen for hours. And yet, Domino had said she was 'feeling lucky'. Hell, it was more than they'd had to go on for the past week.

"How about a game? I'm about to fall asleep here and if I have one more cup of coffee I might start sweating caffeine" Deadpool piped up again after a brief silence fell over the com system.

"Wade, I swear to god, if you make me come over there I'll rip both your arms off this time" Domino threatened. She'd taken up a spot on the other side of the warehouse, positioned next to the side entrance.

"Meanie. They took forever to grow back last time" Wade complained, shifting around in his seat, casting a quick glance at Dopinder, who despite his best efforts had fallen asleep hours ago and was now drooling onto the headrest of the drivers' seat.

Cable was not happy about their assignment, but he had to admit the circumstances were pretty shady. And if Charles Xavier told them to go somewhere, they went. That was the deal. CyGen industries had been an rising star in the field of cybernetics and bionics, with a lot of Government contracts in the making if their prototypes delivered. From what he understood, they would have, but before the company could make anything official, its CEO died in a car accident, leaving behind a grieving widow and a board of directors itching for a big payday. A hostile takeover soon followed suit, and that's when shit really hit the fan. It started small, with some of the high-end prototypes failing during demonstrations. Then came the power failures and technical problems at the main office downtown, followed by cyber-attacks on the company's servers in a hack where several prototype designs were stolen. Only to be published online within hours, free of charge and for everyone to use. The company's stock had taken a nosedive, and things didn't improve when their main factory experienced what the newspapers had dubbed 'a vicious act of sabotage'. The police had no leads, no evidence, and nothing to go on. That was, until Professor X had called and claimed that a mutant was responsible for CyGen's streak of bad luck.

And now, here they were, staking out the warehouse that held CyGen's largest stockpile of machinery and raw materials. If the saboteur followed the pattern and was taking out the company's main supply lines, this was sure to be next on the list.