Aidan Gillen- Irish Charm

***** An Aidan Gillen One-Shot *****

Looking around the chic restaurant Eleanor wondered yet again why she was doing this

Looking around the chic restaurant Eleanor wondered yet again why she was doing this. She felt out of place, her simple black dress and worn heels sticking out like a sore thumb in a fancy joint like this, at least to her.

The place was small, cozy even, with lamps mounted into the walls spreading a warm glow throughout the spacious room. A bar ran along one side of the space, made out of heavy wood, just like the wooden paneling that lined the walls. Shelves lined with bottles of alcohol, and a few private booths as well as some individual tables made up the rest off the decor, looking expensive and elegant, with a touch of rustic.

Eyeing the place from top to bottom Eleanor determined that there was no way in hell she'd ever be able to afford going to a place like this more than once.... but tonight she was going to enjoy every minute of it. It was also then that she located her date, Nick Raider, seated at a secluded booth near the bar-area. He'd seen her,  and was waving her over, standing up to greet her.

"Hey babe....you look great" Nick's voice was a strident as his personality. Wanting to look the part of well-mannered rich boy he was wearing a pair of jeans of some costly brand, a white dressing shirt that was just a bit too shiny and an even more expensive blazer over it, an ostentatious golden watch resting heavy on his wrist as he stood up to pull a chair out for her and allowed Eleanor to take a seat across the table from him, before sitting down himself.

"Hey" Eleanor managed with a half-smile. Just looking at the boy was making her annoyance spike in her veins like acid. 

Self-conceited smirk.

Way too much hair-gel.  

Too young.

Not to mention the closed-off and guarded look in his dull brown eyes that lingered just a bit too long on her legs-the only thing showing since the dress she was wearing had a rounded collar that bared her shoulders but showed no cleavage.

"You're a bit late, wouldn't you agree? I've been here for like fifteen minutes already...." he proceeded, picking up a menu card and tapping his finger impatiently on the table as Eleanor placed her purse at her side and also picked up a menu.

"Sorry. The bus ran a bit late" Eleanor replied calmly, scrunching her nose and focusing on picking something for dinner.

A non-committal hum was all she got in response.

Biting her lip while studying the menu Eleanor glanced around the restaurant, looking at the clientele. She'd always liked people-watching, specially in an intimate setting like this. You could see people, and never really see their true self, or so she liked to tell herself. Imagining the lives of people around her always proved entertaining, and a good pastime.