#HusbandNotFather

****This is a one shot that is based on my Severus Snape Fanfiction series, Darkest Desire, Forbidden Fantasies, and Sinful Seduction. It is NOT a continuation or a part of it, only the characters are from that fanfic series. Those stories are unfinished and the ending might change depending on what I feel like, so this is only the idea I had about how Aurora's and Severus's relationship could/would/should have been****

"Remind me again why it is we're going to this... Party" Severus muttered in discontent, straightening the tie of the muggle suit he was wearing.

Somehow he'd managed to say the word 'party' with such disdain, and Aurora could only roll her eyes at her husband's disgruntled attitude.

"Because it's a big deal to Henry, and he's a dear friend of mine and Cassie's Godfather" she stated matter-of-factly "So you will just have to suck it up for the evening, husband of mine"

Severus muttered something under his breath, still not comfortable in the pressed and ironed suit, but secretly he was quite pleased at hearing Aurora state their marriage so openly and casually.

"And Cassie? Are you sure she'll be all-right?" Severus inquired with a hint of concern in his voice. For some reason he always felt this ache in his chest whenever he thought about his daughter, and it only enhanced the worry he felt whenever he was away from her. Not that he'd openly express his feelings to anyone but Aurora, and even then only when they were alone.

"It's only for one night, Severus. Besides, you know how Minerva dotes on the child. Could you think of anyone better suited to look after our daughter? She's her Godmother, for Merlin's sake!" Aurora reassured her usually sullen and collected husband.

It wasn't often that he was this distraught. But then again, he always tended to be on edge when they went out together, especially when it came to going out in public and in the muggle world, no less.

Even though their lives had taken on some semblance of normalcy, and they were no longer in any danger from threats to the Wizarding world, it had taken some time for the two of them to settle into some sort of comfortable life and daily routine. Severus was not the kind of man to sit back and watch life go by, it simply wasn't in his nature. He'd spent most of his life as a double agent, and being vigilant and watchful were ingrained in his character.

They had apparated near the venue where the event would take place. Aurora saw the watchful look on Severus's face, and wondered briefly if he'd ever be able to stop looking over this shoulder, to always have to worry about his surroundings and possible dangers. She was a cautious person herself, even more so after the dangers they'd faced-both together and apart-for the last several year's, especially during the war. But given her unnaturally long life, she'd long ago learned to let things go, knowing that obsessing over numerous outcomes and worrying about countless dangers would do her peace of mind no good. She just hoped that Severus would get there too, some day.

As they approached the venue, Aurora admired the modern architecture of stainless steel and glass, the tall building rising into the night sky, a pillar of concrete and chrome. It was an award ceremony for pioneers in the Biomedical field, and Henry's company, with the funding and support from Aurora-and by extension the High Council-had made great strides in that area. What no muggle would know was that this was the latest attempt to integrate magic with technology.

Entering the building they gave their names to a valet, who took their invitation and directed them to the elevator, which took them to the 18th floor, to the rooftop gallery. There were some office spaces and a conference room, and then the space opened up into a large, brightly illuminated event area. Warm orbs of light had been strung up in weaving patterns, with high tables with stools on one side and a dance floor with a live band on an elevated platform on the opposite side. A bar curved along one of the corners of the venue, with large glass doors opening up to a rooftop terrace, from which the river could be seen and millions of lights painted the city skyline, showcasing the bustling city nightlife in all its glory.