other family

its been a week since we found out me, and christy aren't related, and jah ended up finding some information about christys real family.

we waited a while for her to be at least a little stable to go.

but now that we decided to go today, shes been stalling all day.

"but why do we have to see them, just because we found out" christy groaned putting on her jacket "because maybe they wanna see you now"

"chandin." she gave me a blank stare "if they wanted to see me, they could've found me"

"okay well maybe they're not ready, but you are, so were going" i told her

me, christy, jahseh, and billie got in the car, and jah drove to the address.

i could tell christy was really nervous the whole way here.

i looked at her, looking out the window, bouncing her leg.

he came to a stop, and everyone got out except for jahseh "what are you doing?"

"you see me?" he pointed to his face "they are not gonna like me, so my best chance is to stay in the car"

christy looked back, "wha- no- jah you wanted to bring all this shit ar-"

"have fun" he waved rolling up his window

"ughh" we all walked up to the house, and christy knocked on the door.

the house was black and white, real modern, two levels. a silver family nissan, and a bmw.

a big "J" ok the door, and heard a couple cats when she knocked.

after looking around the house, the door before her swung open revealing a black man.

"um hello?"

"um hi" christy tried to speak "can i help you kids?" he asked

"um yes- wait no, i-"

"are you mr. james?" i asked for her "um yes but who's asking?"

then next to him approached a white woman "oh hello" she smiled "you must be ms. james" i nodded

"yes, who are you guys?" she kept smiling and christy spoke up "im..uh christy nicole.....james"

at first their faces were confused, but then slowly changed to shock and a little excitement.

"oh cj!" the woman yelled "cj?" i looked at her "who the hell is cj?" billie tilted her head

"thats what we called you as a baby" they clapped "come in, come in"

they invited us inside, and as soon as i came in i noticed alot.

two cats jumped off of the living room chairs into the back. they had family portraits everywhere.

"love, peace, and happiness" hanging on the walls. they seemed to be perfectionist

we walked into the yellow themed living room to sit on the couch.

"so like...can you explain everything?" christy asked "oh sure, sure"

"so when we had you, we weren't stable enough, or on track to be able to take care of you" the woman explained

the man finished, "so we put you up for adoption"

"and i think my mom adopted you" i told her "so im not spanish?" she asked like that was her main concern "christy"

"sorry" she put her arms up "your dad is jamaican, and black, and im white, with asian ancestry" she smiled

"oh...okay" she said contently "we didnt know if we were ever gonna get you back, but here you are" they smiled