Chapter 1: Dion Café

Mulai dari awal

To her parents, her writing thingy was nothing but a shit. A piece of trash. She can already hear them saying 'focus on your studies than wasting time writing a nonsense'.

On the other side, Spade pay no attention on the papers in front of him. He has a zero interest on the financial status of their family business.

"Atleast pretend that you are interested," said by his father. "That way, maybe I can change my mind and return your precious guitar."

Inangat niya ang tingin sa kanyang ama na kakapasok lang. His precious guitar. That man confiscated his guitar so he can ordered him to do anything. Nice trick, old man.

Nilapag niya ang phone at kumuha ng isang folder. "Oh,  it looks pretty interesting, huh?" Binalik niya ang tingin sa kanyang ama. "Now, can I get my guitar back?"

His father chuckled, he didn't look annoyed by his son's attitude. Mukhang sanay na. O baka naman nagmana lang sa kanya. "You should act harder son, I am not convinced by your poorly acting skills."

As Spade expected, that old man won't give back his guitar easily. Putting back the folder, he looked at his father with questioning look.

"You are the heir and you are well-awared of that," nagpalakad-lakad ang ama niya sa harap niya. "Soon, you will inherit the business we have. And in order to be an effective leader, you need to learn the basic."

Again, Spade just stared at the old man, still wearing that questioning look and waiting for the point to be taken.

"I enrolled you at Tharos University in Business Department, major in Administration," dagdag ng ama niya.

"How about my guitar?" Spade finally speak, only concern on his precious thing.

"Once you agree to study there, you can have your guitar back."

He nod as if he had no choice. Umalis na ang ama niya at pumasok ang dalawang kasambahay dala ang kanyang gitara, ang isa naman ay may hawak na uniform. He jumped out of his bed and hugged his guitar like a long lost brother.

"Sir, bukas na po ang simula ng klase niyo. Ito na po ang uniform niyo." Pagkakuha sa mga gamit niya, umalis na ang dalawang kasambahay.

He stopped hugging his stuff when he realized what he had just heard. Tharos University? And the classes will start tomorrow? Seryoso?

He was about to went out and ask the old man when his phone rang. Bumalik siya sa kama at tiningnan yon. Riva was calling. Gusto niya sagutin ang tawag pero hindi niya ginawa. He missed the call. Minute passed and his phone buzzed. Riva messaged him.

From Riva: We're done Spade.

He's not sure if it is a drop of tear or the ceiling was broken and needed to repair immediately. One thing is for sure, the ceiling was perfectly fine and he was the one who's broken.

Riva was his girlfriend. She is a model of some branded clothes when they met. She's quite famous so he never wonder if there are tons of guys who want to take his place. She was naturaly pretty even without makeups. And she was no longer his.

He knew this would happen that is why he refuse to answer the call. He wiped the tears that successfully escape from his eyes. There is no point on crying over a spilled milk.

Another buzzed came from his phone. His friend Neo texted him.

Riva is here with Franco. Dumadamoves pre. Nag-away ba kayo?

Without exerting effort to reply, Spade grab his car keys. Franco huh? They are probably at Zuricks, one of the bar around the streets.

Hindi niya pinansin ang tingin ng mga kasambahay sa kanya. Diretso lang siyang naglakad papunta sa garahe, pagkasakay agad niya itong pinaandar, not minding the probability of accident, he drive as fast as he can.

Torture it may call but Spade can't stop but to stare at Riva laughing on what the guy named Franco just said.

"Alak lang ang katapat niyan pre." Inabot ni Neo ang isa pang bote ng beer na agad din naman niyang ininom.

Pang ilang bote na ba yon? Hindi niya na mabilang.

Nang magsawa na siya sa 'view' ay naisipan niya nang umalis. Mahirap na at baka hindi siya makapagpigil. Wala pa siyang balak umuwi pero wala din siyang balak manatili sa loob ng lugar na yon.

Maliban sa Zuricks, may ilan pang bar na nakahilera sa daan. May ilang ding motel na malapit lang. Hindi naman siguro don dadalhin si Riva pagkatapos nila maglandian. 

Sa kabilang kalsada, sarado na ang lahat maliban sa isa. Dion Café, kung tama ang pagkakabasa niya. Café? Tama, doon nalang muna siya magpapalipas ng oras dahil baka hindi lang ang gitara niya ang mawala sa kanya kapag umuwi siya sa ganong estado.

He was a little unsteady when he enter the place. He felt dizziness but atleast, he manage to reach the counter.

"Cappucino," Spade said, trying to talk normally.

The staff shot a glance at him as if she knew that he was drunk. She should not be surprised. Nasa kabilang kalsada lang ang mga bar, ano pang inaasahan niya?

The coffee was already there, placed on the counter and ready to drink. After paying, he get the coffee and the dizziness strikes harder. He can't act normal anymore. He was drunk and there is no way to hide it.

As he was walking and trying to balance his body, the coffee slipped through his hands accidentally and heard some voice shouting afterwards. Then there, he went black.

Naveen froze on her seat, trying to absorb the things she wish did not happen. That drunken guy poured his drink not only on her sweater but also on her laptop.

She did not care if it is accident or not. What matter is that her laptop containing the files that she should pass tomorrow and the novel she's writing for about a month was now gone. Her laptop was dead, special thanks to that guy.

"Nako ma'am, pasensiya na po." Pinunasan ng staff ang kanyang sweater pati na ang kanyang laptop habang paulit-ulit na humihingi ng pasensiya.

This is not happening, this can't happen.

"Pre!" Dumating ang isang lalaki na hinihingal. Mukha din siyang nakainom base sa itsura niya. "Kaibigan niya ako, iuuwi ko na siya. Sorry kung nakagulo siya."

Nakagulo? That friend of yours ruined everything. Tapos sorry lang? Naveen thought of saying those but no words came out.

She don't know how to react. Gusto niya magalit at sisihin ang management kung bakit hinayaan nilang makapasok ang lalaki na yon. Gusto niyang magwala pero tanging pag buntong hininga lang ang kaya niyang gawin. Thanks to her family, she learned not to burst and control her emotion.

"Okay lang." It's not! She forced to smile before leaving that place.

Pagkauwi, dumiretso agad siya sa kwarto niya. Sinubukan niyang buksan ang laptop pero ayaw na gumana. Ilang beses niya pa ulit sinubukan pero ayaw talaga.

"Tangina." That was the only word left. Tangina talaga.

She brushed her hair using her hand out of frustation. Her novel, wala na siyang ibang copy non. She was mad, really.

Huwag ko lang talaga makikita ang lalaki na yon!