Togetherness & Hopes

Start from the beginning

These past years were terrible. I had no one. The one person I had or who I trusted at the time was not who he said he was. I lived in believing in lies. Yet I couldn't hate him; he may have had selfish thoughts but he also protected me. After that things changed. I was all alone. Loneliness is dangerous; the most dangerous thing is being alone with your thoughts. But my saving grace my children the reason why I am still alive.

I think that it is best to leave things as they were; it's best for us to be on our separate ways, but I don't have a choice for now if I want to still be undercover. I need to make sure that they keep their mouth shut and after that, I will go back to the place where I was for the past six years.

Which is why I am at their house with my mind made.

"I'm sorry," I softly said and their faces fell.

"Wait! No that's not what I mean I- I just- I'm sorry for how I treated you guys last time and I will like to give us a chance and so I have agreed to move in with you all," I stuttered out leaving them speechless.

After a while, Ace jumped out of his seat and pulled me into a bear hug. I felt emotions that I suppressed for so long and I stopped breathing, literally as I was stuck in the deadly trap and I felt the coffee I drank coming back up my throat begging to be let out.

Don't me ask me how but I swallowed it back.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." He said reminding me of his son, Beau who said the same thing a few days ago. It's crazy how I thought he was Derek's child when Ace and Beau are so similar; it was evident that they were father and son.

"Can't-- bre-ath," I practically wheezed out as I smacked his back repeatedly earning chuckles from the audiences-aka my frien-- ahem well the people who I was close with during high school as they just stood there or rather sat there watching me fight for oxygen.

"Oops sorry." He said sheepishly as he rubbed his back probably trying to soothe the bruises that I gave him.

What I am violent. Learn to live with it.

I sent him a glare to show my displeasure with his action which he basically ignored as he gave me a wide grin.

They all looked relieved. Even him, Mr. Williams. He was oddly silent as he was seated at the corner. The puffiness and the bags under his eyes did not go unnoticed by me. He looked extremely pale and could be confused for a mummy if he was wrapped up with toilet paper.

Not that I worried or anything it's just an unattractive sight to see. . .

"I have three conditions," I added and this seems to have caught everyone's attention as they quietened their jittering.

I had to be somehow honest with them for the reason why I decided to stay.

"First, I will only be here till I need to attend the high school where he works," I announced as I pointed to the green-eyed zombie.

"Second,-" I started but was interrupted.

"But you will stay longer if we are able to change your mind right? If you end up liking it here with us," Ace asked hopefully and I could sense that the rest of the group were wondering the same thing.