Up's, Downs and Gravity Falls

Chapter 5

Bella's POV😇

Today was that kind of day. When you just didn't feel like getting up from your bed and you have that terrible gut-wrenching feeling that something isn't quite right. Call me crazy but something is wrong. But crazy me decided to man up as I repeated to myself :

'It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend'

I sang Rebecca Black's Friday song along with my toothbrush pretending it's was a mike as the invisible crowd cheered or begged me to stop.

I took my shower and randomly put a dark blue pair of skinny jeans with a black tank top and completed my amazing look with my leather jacket or rather the one I stole from Ace, but hey it was way to comfortable I just had to plus he had so many that I highly doubted he would have noticed the disappearance of his lovely leather jacket.

I marched downstairs and saw my parents. I gulped preparing myself mentally for the worst but the truth is, I'm never really prepared with them.

I took a seat in front of my dad who glanced at me in disgust as I ate a chocolate chip muffin. Not being able to stand the look, I quickly got up and bid my goodbyes mustering the best smile I could as they ignored me as always.

I walked on the road not quite paying attention to my surroundings. My head was blank and I just felt so exhausted when suddenly a horn broke my trance. I was in the middle of the road and a car had almost run over me. Thankfully, I missed it by an inch.
My body trembled due to shock but quickly regained composure taking a small break on the sidewalk.

The rest of my way to school went by rather quickly. I absentmindedly went to my locker and took my English book and I decided to go to class early since I wasn't in the best mood to socialize with people.

Fortunately, the door was open as I took my seat which was in the middle row next to the windows. I put my head on the desk and sighed.

I grunted helplessly when the bell rang ruining my rather peaceful moment.

All students entered the classroom and one particular guy stood out. A scowl formed itself on my face knowing that I'll be spending the next seventy five minutes in his annoying presence.

Derek smirked, then slowly advanced towards the place I was seated and sat behind me.

Great.

The teacher appeared soon after, Mrs. Riley a woman in her late fifties with blond hair that reached up to her shoulders. She was a teacher that gave us a lot of work and something about her just wants to make you pee your pants, that's how scary she is. Mrs. Riley speaks the truth no matter how harsh it may sound.

But more then anything she is an amazing human being and a big softie deep inside. I really liked her.

"Good morning class, today we'll be discussing 'The Nightingale and the rose' by Oscar Wilde. Can somebody tell me what is the lesson that the author is trying to convey to us?" She asked at no one in particular.