Chapter 17

*Aspen P.O.V.*

    A few days later the polarized system was ready and we went to the Surfer's next target area and Hagar tried to sideline us. "I am the quarterback, you are the nerd. You had your chance to stop him before, now we are going to stop him my way," Hager said. "You're right, General. I was a good little nerd, I stayed inside a studied. And now I am one of the brightest minds in the world. And the quarterback is asking ME for help, we are going to do this my way whether you like it or not," Reed said defending all of us. "What Richards says, goes," Hagar said after a moment. "Johnny, Aspen. You go to that side and set up. Sue you go there, Ben to that side. And I'll take the last corner," Reed instructed. We all went off to set up the machines and Sue was taking a little longer. "Sue are you ready," I asked. "Almost," she said. I looked over to see that the Surfer was hovering in front of her. We waited for her to set up her machine and when Hager started firing missiles.

   "Is he crazy," I said seeing the missiles. Before anyone got hurt, the surfer absorbed the missile. Things began to happen so fast and before I knew it we had separated him from his board, then we all went to the Siberian army base. "We would like to talk to him," Reed said to Hager. "I'm afraid that's not possible. He is US Army property now and to be sure that you don't go and get to him you five will be staying in this room under guard," Hager said leaving us in a guarded room. "This is crazy," I said. "One of us has to go talk to him. Find out the truth," Reed said. "I vote Sue," I said. Everyone turned to me. "What? He seemed very open to talk to Sue. He protected her from the missile. And she is the only one who can sneak out of here without being seen," I said. "And you're the one who will distract the guard long enough for me to get out," Sue said. "Me," I asked. "Don't act like you didn't notice the guard checking you out," she said. "Fine," I said. I opened the door and turned on the charm. "Hey handsome. Is there any way we could get some snacks and movies. It would be amazing if you could get those for us since we are stuck in this room for who knows how long," I asked twirling my hair. "Y-Yeah. I'll go ask," he said. "Thank sugar," I said before shutting the door.

   We waited for what felt like forever until Sue returned with information. "The board is the beacon," Sue said. "So the board is what attracts the destroyer," I asked. "Precisely. And he said that if we can get him back to his board he will destroy the destroyer," Sue said. "Great, so our first problem is getting out of here," Johnny said. "I'll handle that part," Ben said. I opened the door and he scared off the guard. "Ok. Let's go get the surfer," Reed said. We filed out of the room, Sue first then me and Johnny. And behind Johnny, Ben then Reed. "Duck," Sue yelled. Me, Johnny, and Sue dove out of the way as a slab of concrete flew past. "Ben are you alright," I asked. "Yeah," he said shoving the slab off of him. "Where's Reed," Sue asked. "Back here," Reed said from behind Ben. We proceed to the room where the board was and found Hager dead, and the board gone. "Well that's perfect. Doom has the board," I said. "We'll get it back. For now let's get the surfer," Reed said. We left the room and went and broke out the surfer.

    Ben and Sue helped him walk and Reed called a ride. We were heading for the stairwell to the roof, when that female soldier stopped us at gun point. "Stop right there," she said. "Big mistake," I said. "Aspen," Ben scalded. "Look we need to get to the roof. It is a matter of life and death, literally. Now lower the gun," Johnny said. "I'm not letting you go anywhere," she said. "Look the world will literally come to an end if you don't let us go, and this man is the only one that can stop it," Johnny said pointing back at the surfer. She hesitated before lowering her gun and nodded her head behind her. We proceed to the stairwell well and we were almost to the top when Johnny asked about our ride. "I should be here now," Reed said as his Fantastic Five airmobile pulled up. "Ben in the back, Aspen you're in the front with me, Sue and the surfer you're in the middle. Johnny fly alongside us," Reed instructed. We followed Dooms energy signature and we caught up to him. He began to attack us and we maneuvered and evaded his attacks. We ended up in China and he was high up in the sky causing destruction. "Victor you have to give up the board it is attracting the destroyer," Reed yelled to him. "The surfer is the only one who can destroy the destroyer," Sue yelled. "I will never give up this board," Victor yelled before sending a pipe flying towards the surfer. Sue jumped in front of him and put up a shield, but the pipe went straight through her shield and penetrated her torso. "Sue," we yelled. Reed rushed to her side before she fell and held her close to him. "Stay with me Sue," he said. "I could take him but I can't get close enough without him seeing me," Ben said. "It would take all of us," Reed said. "Or one of us," Johnny and I said at the same time. Ben and Reed looked at us confused. "If Johnny takes all of our powers, he could use them strategically to separate Doom from the board," I said. "Trust me on this," Johnny said. We put our hands together and Johnny put his hand on ours and took all of our powers. He went to fly up and I called to him. "Johnny! Be careful up there," I said. He smiled before taking off then turning invisible.

    I watched as the fight ensued and the board came falling down, right above me. I dove out of the way and landed hard on my left arm. I'm not sure what happened, but I had extreme pain in my arm. "Hey you ok," Ben asked running up to me. "I don't know. I think I broke my arm," said. "Hold on," he said before running into a store. He grabbed a shirt off a rack and ripped it and made a sling for me. Once my arm was taken care of we rejoined Sue and Reed just as Johnny got back. He transferred our powers back to us and The surfer got on his board. "Take care of her and love her as if everyday was your last together," the surfer said after giving her some of his energy. He then shot into the sky and he was struggling to get to the heart of the storm cloud thing. "I don't think he's going to make it," I said. "Oh yes he will," Johnny said before taking off giving the surfer some help into the cloud. He floated down a bit as we waited to see what would happen. Just as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared and Sue started breathing normally again, and Johnny rejoined us. "Good job, Matchstick," Ben said patting his back. "Woah, woah, woah,"Johnny said swatting at him. "Johnny. You didn't switch powers. You're back to normal," I said. "Ha. Ha. I'm me again," he said. I ran over and gave him a big one armed hug. He spun me around and gave me a big kiss before we returned to the others.

   "Well. I guess fifth time's a charm," I said. "Ready for another media wedding," Sue asked. "No. I have a better idea," Reed said.