Chapter 2

*Aspen P.O.V.*

   It was launch day and I was hanging out with Ben and Reed for a bit before going to change into the skin-tight suits they wanted us to wear. When I finally got up and headed towards the women's changing rooms, I had just passed the station entrance when I hear a very familiar voice. "Captain on the fringe," Johnny said and snapped a picture of Ben standing at attention. "Digital camera $254. Memory stick $59," Johnny said he was still talking when I walked into the women's changing room. When I walked in I saw Sue waiting for me. "You might want to do your hair," she said. "What do you mean," I asked. "I mean, put it up tightly somehow so you don't get helmet hair. Like a braid or two," she said. "Oh. could you help me. I still can't do tight braids," I said. "Of course," she said and sat me down and began to braid my hair. "I sent your suit back to be recollared," she said. "Why," I asked. "Well for one the collar was falling apart and two the black collar would make you look washed out. so they are redoing the collar in white," she responded. She was almost done with my second braid when some lady came in. "Doctor Storm, the suit you requested and everyone's launch suits as well," the lady said. "Thank you so much Devine. Just set them on the bench there," Sue said as she finished my braid. I looked in the mirror and saw that she did boxer braids. She handed me my suit as I turned to her and I said, "You're going to make a great mom one day."

   "I'm gonna go ahead and give everyone their launch suits," she said as she walked out the door. I unfolded my skin-tight suit and looked at it for a moment and noticed that every area that was black on Sue's suit was white on mine. I put on the suit zipping the zipper up all the way then looked in the mirror. I looked and felt a little uncomfortable so I unzipped the suit a little to where my cleavage was showing, like sue was wearing hers. When I had looked over myself one last time, I headed out the door back to where everyone was hanging out. "Say sis. Who is this launch suit for," Johnny asked as Sue walked away. "That would be mine, Johnny," I said crossing my arms. He turned around and I instantly saw him check me out, his eyes lingered in my cleavage area. "Hey, Johnny," I said snapping my fingers, "my eyes are up here."

   "Why are you here," he said. "Johnny I came because I love science. And I'm not thrilled that you are here either. So suck it up Buttercup. We all have to get along whether we like it or not. And I will not be pushed around by you like you did years ago," I said then walked away making sure to sway my hips. "Gosh when did she get so hot," Johnny said. Not far behind was my brother's threat, "Touch her and I will end you."

  When we got to Victor's 'toy', I was the last one off of the ship. Ahead of me Ben and Johnny were bickering like usual. We got settled and I went to help Ben with his suit for him to get Reed's samples. Johnny eventually came over and helped Ben the rest of the way after I helped him get it on. Ben went out to collect the samples and Johnny and I stood there in silence, until Johnny decided to talk. "Hey I just want to apologize for what I did those years ago. I was stupid and selfish. Please forgive me," he begged. "Wow. The great Johnny Storm is begging me for forgiveness. this has never happened before. Let me just....soak this in for a moment," I said. "Yeah yeah. But I am serious," he said. "Johnny you really hurt me," I said. "I was stupid and it won't happen again. I promise. Just please forgive me," he said. "Ok, but don't think I'll do this again," I said. "Hug it out," Johnny said as he grinned. "Yeah," I agreed. When we broke apart Reed was running towards the portal. "Ben, get inside now," Reed said into the earpiece. "What's going on," Johnny and I said together. Reed completely ignored us and kept yelling to Ben. "I ain't done arranging your flowers yet, egghead," Ben said.

Johnny and I followed Reed's gaze to behind my brother, then we saw it. "Ben turn around," I yelled, but since I didn't have one of those ear pieces he didn't hear me. "Ben turn around," Reed said into his ear piece. He turned and said, "Guys, I'm not gonna make it." I felt helpless because there was nothing I could do. "Ben you gotta jump! Its the only way," Johnny said reading my mind. Come on. Come on. "Ok Johnny get ready to close the portal," Reed said reading my mind. Right before Ben reached the portal he got blasted by the storm.

   As the storm ensued it began to destroy the station. Johnny yelled and I looked over to see him get hit by sparks, he lost consciousness and continues to get hit by the storm. I turned around to see Sue get hit by the storm and turn invisible for seconds before she was hit again. Ben is against the portal glass covered in dirt and Reed is reaching out for him as they are both hit by the storm. Ben lost consciousness in the portal before we were able to pull him in. Pipes burst sending water all over me. I was hit so intensely by the storm I began to lose consciousness I fell and hit my head and landed in a puddle of partially water and partially ice. The last thing I remember before loosing complete consciousness was the cold water and broken ice seeping through my suit.