Chapter 16

*Aspen P.O.V.*

    Later when we were back in the states we were gathered in a large conference room. "I've tried to stop this thing on my own. And I've had help from you. Now we are calling in someone else to help," General Hager said. Right as he said that the doors opened and in walked Victor Von Doom. "Doom. What is he doing here," I said standing from my seated position. "He is the help I called in," Hager said. Before anything else could be said Ben had him pinned up by his throat against the wall. "Release him," Hager said. "Are you crazy," I said. "Last time he was loose he almost destroyed Manhattan," Johnny backed me up. "And like it or not this man has valuable information about the surfer. So release him now," Hager said. "Ben let him go," Reed said after a moment. Ben released him and he fell to the ground coughing. "Look I hate you. All of you, but if we are going to stop this thing before something worse happens, we will need to work together," Doom said. "We may be working together, but I will never trust you," I spat crossing my arms. "When did she get so scary? Are you sure you aren't a villian," Doom asked. "She's always been tough. Especially towards those that she never trust," Ben said.

    "What is this valuable information that you have," Reed asked getting straight to the point. "I have a detailed video of my encounter with the surfer," Doom said before the lights went out and a video began to play. We watched the video and I saw that his power surged through him. "Did you see what happened before he blew me," Victor said. "I liked the part where he blew you on your butt," Ben said. "Ha," I said high-fiving him. "Watch it again," Victor said. We watched it again and it played in slow motion. "The power surged through him," Reed said. "Originating from his board," I added. "Correct Amber," Victor said. "It's Aspen," I corrected. "Whatever. The way I figure it, we separate him from the board," Victor began. "We cut off his power source," Reed finished. "And to do that you are going to work together," General Hager said.

   We flew back to the Baxter tower where Doom and Reed got started. I was walking around the Baxter building working on arrangements for the floor below. "Hey," Johnny said popping around the corner. "Jeez! Don't do that. You know I'm easily startled when I'm focused," I said. "What is your pretty little mind focused on now," he asked taking my clipboard. "Hey," I said trying to grab it back. "Arrangements for our floor," he questioned. "Reed is giving us the floor below and I am working on arrangements for the floor," I said. "Meaning," he asked. "I am designating rooms on that floor for specific usage before we move in," I said. "You mean down," he said. "Don't patronizing me, Matchstick," I said icing up my hand. "Sorry. You just look stressed the past couple of days. I wanted to know what was on my Pecan's shoulder's," he said. "Well then, all you had to do was ask. Now if I could have my clipboard back I'll continue organizing our living arrangements," I said holding out my hand.

    He handed it back to me and I continued to sort out the floor plans. "So what do you got planned out so far," he asked. "Well. Here as you walk off the elevator you have the main entry way, to the left when you walk in will be the kitchen and dining room, then to the right the living room. Then you go down this hallway here and you get to some of the bedrooms and office space. I figured that would be a good place for the children's rooms," I said pointing to each area as he looked. "Children's rooms," he asked. "Well yeah. After we do get married, eventually there will be children running around," I said. "I can't wait for that," he said. "Anyway. Over by the kitchen there is one room. I figured we could make that our bedroom and turn it into a master bedroom," I said. "Sounds perfect, but don't let it stress you out. If you need any help, you know I'm here to help," he said. "Thanks Johnny," I said.

   As the days passed, I got more work done on our floor and it would be ready in a month for us to move into. I was chilling on the couch in the living room area with Ben when Johnny came running in. "Hey come with me," he said. "Ok," I said hesitantly standing up. We rode the elevator down to the parking garage under the building and got into his car. "Johnny, where are you taking me," I asked. "You'll see," he said as he drove. We had been driving for half an hour before he came to a stop in front of a building. I looked out my window to see that we were at an animal shelter. "Johnny, what are we doing here," I asked. "Don't get mad, but this shelter just rescued a litter of puppies and they are looking for home for them," he said. "What about Reed," I asked. "He said that he doesn't care as long as we wait to bring it home when we move into our floor," Johnny said. "Thank you Johnny," I said hugging him. He hugged me back switching our powers back and we headed inside.

   "Hi. We are here to pick out a puppy. I got a call earlier today that you just rescued a whole litter," Johnny said to the lady at the front desk. "Oh of course. Right this way," she said leading us to the back. "Now these little guys aren't quite ready to g to their homes yet. They still require constant care," she said. "Oh that's alright. Our soon to be home is still under renovation," I said. The woman lead us to a secluded room and there was a whole litter of great dane pups. "Great danes," I said surprised. "Surprise babe," Johnny said. "Feel free to get on the floor with them," the lady said before leaving us. "Which one do you want," Johnny asked squatting next to me. "There's so many. And they're all so cute," I said. We were there for about an hour before we finally picked one. We picked the one spotted male pup. He was mostly black with a patch of white that looked like a bow tie on his chest and white ears. "That one," I said when the woman re joined us. "Alrighty. I'll put a collar on him so that people will know he already has a home," she said clipping a blue collar on him. We thanked her then headed back to the Baxter building. "What do you want to call him," Johnny asked. "Zeus," I said with a smile.