Chapter 6

*Aspen P.O.V.*

   We began our tests and Johnny was up first. He heated to where he was almost at super nova heat before Reed and Sue extinguished his flame. "Johnny you were at 4,000 Kelvin. Any hotter and you would have been approaching super nova," Sue said. "Sweet," Johnny yelled not understanding. "No not sweet. That's the temperature of the sun," Sue said. Then Reed went on to say that Johnny could end all life as we know it. "Got it Super Nova, bad," Johnny said. then Reed turned to me, "Did you happen to pack a swimsuit?"

   "No," I said. "Don't worry I have many that she can borrow," Sue said coming down the stairs to me. "Come on," she said. We went to our shared room and she pulled out her collection of swim suits. "Do you have any non-bikinis," I asked. "Nope. You have a hot body. Don't hide it, flaunt it," she said as she left me to pick out a swim suit. I eventually went with a high-waisted green bottoms with a floral flowy top (^^^^). But I didn't feel comfortable walking out of the room half naked, so I searched for a robe or something to cover my skin until I reached the testing area. I found nothing so I sucked it up and opened the door. "What's taking her so long," Johnny said. "Um Johnny I'm right here," I said with only my head poking out of the hall doorway. "Well come on. We're waiting on you slow poke," Johnny said. I looked to Sue and she mouthed, 'Own It,' so that's exactly what I did after I took a calming breath. Once I stepped out of the hallway everyone stopped. "What," I asked as I walked. "You've really grown up on us," Ben said. "Why exactly did you want me to put on a suit, Reed," I asked.

    "Well you see, I had this tank built and I wanted you to get in to run some tests," Reed said as he led me over to the tank. "What exactly are we testing," I asked. "Well first I want to see if you can manipulate the water to keep you afloat without you working to physically tread water," he said. I then climbed in and instantly I sunk to the bottom but there was no need for me to breath. I opened my eyes while still underwater and everything was clearer than it should have been and imagined the water wrapping around my body and lifting me to the surface. When I broke the surface everyone looked shocked. "What," I asked. "You turned blue," Johnny said. "What do you mean, I turned blue," I asked. "Well Aspen, when your body became fully submerged in the water your skin literally was glowing dark blue. And then when you opened your eyes they were bright blue glowing orbs," Sue said. "Fascinating," Reed said. "Now can you bring yourself down here without using the stairs," Reed asked. "How am I supposed to do that genius," I said sarcastically. "Use the water," he said. "Oh," I said. I focused on the water lifting me higher over the edge of the tank and carrying me down to the floor. I realized that now I didn't have to close my eyes to focus on the movement. When I reached the floor Reed told me to transfer the water back to the tank, so I did. "Know try to shoot ice at Johnny from your hands," Reed said. "What! That might kill him," I said.

    "Focus on it being water until it hits him. As soon as its about to hit him turn it to ice. You only have to ice his feet. He'll melt it off himself," Reed said assuring me. So that's exactly what I did. When his feet were ice blocks I looked at my hands in amazement. "Wow, I didn't even think I could do that," I said. "Really," Reed said surprised. "Wait does this mean that it's possible for me to travel like Frozone," I asked. "Only one way to find out," Johnny said. "Can I try it, please," I begged Reed. "I don't see why not," he said with a disapproving Sue next to him. "Come on Sue just from here to the elevator," I said. "Fine," she gave in. I looked down at my bare feet and ran to get a pair of shoes so I would slide better. When I got back to the circle I made my ice isle and then slid on it, I extended my isle as needed and kept sliding without stopping.

    Eventually Reed finished analyzing everyone and began to plan for a solution. Only when Johnny burned one too many shirts did Reed analyze our skin suits, only to find out that they were the only thing to keep Johnny from burning more clothes and Sue didn't have to strip naked in the streets again. "I love these costumes. They're missing something right, like a little spice," Johnny said. "They're not costumes Johnny," Reed said. "You can't use your powers in public Johnny," Sue said. "You guys are worse than NASA," Johnny said and walked away. "Maybe it's missing a utility belt," Ben said beside me. Ben and I both chuckled after that.

   Later Johnny pulled me aside. "Johnny, what's going on," I asked. "I've got something I want to show you," he said. He pulled me to the room where we were keeping the suits and pulled mine out. "I added our symbol to the suits," he said. What do you mean our symbol," I questioned. Then I saw it, a circle with the number 5 in it. "I gave your suit a little extra spice," he said. handing it to me. "What are you wanting me to do with this," I said getting frustrated. "Go put it on. Duh," he said. I went and put it on and came back, "now what?"

   "Lift up your foot and kick it forward," he said. I did what he said and I heard a blade sound. I sat down and looked at the bottom of my boot and there was now a blade there. "Johnny what is this," I asked. "I installed retractable blades in your boots. Now you can skate like Frozone more easily when you make ice paths," he said. I kicked my foot forward again and the blade went back into my boot.