Chapter 15

*Aspen P.O.V.*

The following morning I woke up to find Johnny not in bed. I got dressed and walked out to get some breakfast. "Morning, Aspen," Ben said. "Morning Ben," I said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Where's Johnny at," I asked reaching for the cereal. "I think he is out for a quick flight," Sue said. "Not anymore," Johnny said walking into the kitchen. "Morning Pecan," he said to me. "Morning Johnny," I said giving him a quick kiss. "That's weird," we said at the same time. I suddenly felt all warm and tingly compared to my usual cool self. I decided to test out my theory, by focusing to light my arm on fire and it worked. "Did we just," I began. "Switch powers? Yeah I think we did," Johnny finished. "I believe that that mysterious wedding crasher yesterday did have an effect on you when you went after him," Reed said. "You think! How do we change it back," Johnny said a little panicked. "If you switched by skin contact maybe touching eachother again will switch it back," Reed said. We touched again and I felt like myself again. "That's better," I said. Throughout the day Reed kept conducting different tests on Johnny to figure out how to get him back to normal.

I went for a walk around the block and decided to go to the mall. "Fancy seeing you here," a familiar voice said. "Captain," I said turning toward him. "Please. Call me Steve. You seem troubled," he said. "How did you know," I asked. "I'm good at reading people," he said. "I think better when I walk," I said. We walked around the mall together and he listened while I talked. "So let me see if I got this straight. You are a chemical scientist that went on a expedition and came back with powers. Made amends with an old bully/crush and now he's your boyfriend. You've been together for two years and he hasn't proposed or shown any sign of proposing and now he has been affected by a space surfer which causes him to switch power with anyone on your team," he summed up. "Yup," I said. "Well your life sounds rough," he said. "Yeah tell me about it," I chuckled. "Well I don't know much about relationships, but I was in love once and I planned on marrying her," he said. "But you were frozen for seventy years so you didn't get the chance," I finished. "Yeah. And you remind me a lot of her. Independent, confident, and most of all strong willed," he said. It was starting to get late so I decided to head back, before I left I thanked Steve for listening.

When I got back Reed was still testing on Johnny, so I went in the lab to see how far they had gotten. "Hey Reed. What did you find," I asked. "Nothing. I am completely stumped," he said. "Well how about we call it a night then. It's late," I said resting my hand on his shoulder. "You're probably right," he said. I handed Johnny his shirt and we went to our room. "How many tests did he run on you," I asked as I changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top. "Too many to count," he responded. I went to climb into bed but Johnny stopped me. "I know Reed said not to touch anyone, but I can't resist you," he said grabbing my waist and pulling me close. "Maybe a little contact won't hurt," I said putting my hands on his chest. We made out for a bit before we decided to cuddle and go to sleep.

When we woke up the following morning we had a surprise visit from General Hagar. "What's he doing here," I whispered to Ben. "He wants us to help the army catch the guy who messed up Johnny's powers," he said. "What's he going to be able to do? The only ones who could build something to catch him is Sue and Reed," I said. "He can provide the funding," Johnny said walking up behind us. "Hey Johnny," I greeted. "Morning beautiful," he said. Later in the day Reed called us all into the lab. "He's striking numerically. Which means his next strike will be," Reed said. Once Reed figured out where the Silver Surfer was heading next, we climbed in a helicopter and made our way to London.

When we were almost there Johnny got and attitude with Reed. "What are you talking about, Johnny," Reed said. "You know exactly what I'm talking about," Johnny said. "Can someone please fill me in," I said. "We were going to tell you guys," Sue said. "Tell us what," I asked. "When? The day you left," Johnny said. "You were going to leave us," I asked Sue. She refused to make eye contact. "Look, we will discuss this later. Right now we have to stop this silver surfer," Reed said as we landed. We stepped out and instantly locals began to crowd us. That is until a power surge frightened them. 'The wheel,' I thought to the team. Right as they looked the surge went through the wheel and detached it from the main support. "Sue! Ben! Hold it and I'll pull it close," Reed instructed. They ran to position and Reed carried me up with him. "What do you want me to do," I asked. "Once we get the wheel back into position I want you to freeze it into position," Reed said using his body to go all through the wheel and pull it back. I wanted to help so I used water from the ocean below and made ropes with it and pulled the wheel towards me. 'The surfer,' I thought to the team when I saw him fly by. "I got him," Johnny yelled as he flamed on and proceed to fly through the wheel to get him. "Johnny! No," I yelled. He ignored me then hit the wheel and fell on Reed, causing them to switch powers. Johnny fell to the ground in a pancake and Reed was now flying. I used all my strength to pull the wheel towards me while Sue pushed harder with her forcefield and Ben lifted it up. "Hold it there," Reed yelled to us as he melted the metal into place.

Reed flew down to check on Sue and I used the water to lower myself to the ground. There was a family standing nearby that looked tramatized so I checked on them. "Is everyone alright," I asked jogging over. "Yes we are, thanks to you and your team," The mother said. "Thank you for saving my daddy," the little girl said. "I'm just glad everyone is safe," I said before walking back to the team. I felt bad for Johnny because it looked like the whole rest of the team hated him. "You don't hate me do you," he asked me. "Johnny, I love you and could never hate you. But what you did was stupid and endangered us," I said.