Chapter 11 - Out With Gemma

As Jax disappears inside Gemma, looks at me and says "you okay out here for a few I have to finish a few things in the office?"

I nod and dig through my bag as Juice walks over to me, holding a small remote looking thing "excuse me ma'am but I need to run this over your bag to check for more trackers please."

I throw my arms up, "have at it."

He turns on his device and turns my bag upside down on the table, his device immediately starts beeping, he takes my phone and it's beeping loudly, he quickly pulls off the back and under the battery removes a small circuit board. Then goes back to my bag, it still beeps, he begins closely examines my bags seams, until he sees a spot near the strap, he pulls a knife off his hip and slices into my bag, shakes my bag and another device hits the table. He smiles and says "all yours "

I am putting my stuff back in my bag as Gemma comes out of the office car keys in her hand. Juice looks at her "2 more trackers in her bag 1 in the lining of her bag and one in her phone, someone really wants to know where she is, but no more" as he slides the 2 devices into a leftover cup sitting discarded on the table.

"Good tell my Jackson and we are ready to roll." He heads for the door, just as Jax comes out.

"Mom you got her? Be careful and Katelyn  just grab your stuff, check out and babe,watch your back."

We walk towards a low slung black sports car and get in. She turns the key revs the engine before looking at me.

"I don't know what it is about you I have never seen my boy so spun out over someone before. Your room is up in town right?"

"Yes ma'am, at the motor inn, it sure didn't seem like any motor inn I've ever seen before." She smiles and puts the car in gear pulling out of the lot.

We pull up in front of the inn and walk inside the same man is still manning the desk, he smiles when he sees me, "oh your husband just left, he said if you came back to tell you he would be right back." I immediately tense up and notice that the man behind the counter tensed as well.. "can I help you Gemma?" He said it with distaste in his voice. 'Terrible what happened to poor Katie, heard your boys were the last ones to leave" his tone is accusatory.

She pushes past me and leans on the desk, "put it in your pants Eugene she's a friend of Jax's and she will be checking out. And you will say nothing to her husband if he returns."

She looks to me "come on let's grab your stuff and get out of here." Then looks to the door where Juice is standing guard, "you heard that Juice, we will be right back, call Jax, fill him in"

We take the elevator to the second floor and head towards my room, the door is cracked open, Gemma, pulls me behind her and pulls a small silver handgun from her bag.

She edges us towards my room and opens the door with the barrel of her gun. The room is trashed, my belonging torn to shreds, a few books that were in my bag, ripped apart. Gemma looks the room up and down, "nothing worth saving in here" Gemma's phone dings she digs in her bag with her free hand, "shit that's Juice, your husband just walked in, we will take the stairs" she pulls me towards the end of the hall and the emergency stairs.

I'm in shock, I just totter behind her barely breathing. We rush down the stairs and out into the alley. Juice is right there on his bike.

Gemma says to me "get on,"

then turns to Juice "get her back to TM now, no stops just get her there, I will be back in a few."

She turns and walks back inside.

I get on the bike and off we go. Juice flys down the alley then after several turns we end up back at the clubhouse compound. Jax and Opie are sitting on the picnic tables and jump up as soon as we hit the lot. I am still shaking, my hair is a tangled mess from the ride home.

As Jax lifts me off the bike I am crying. "Oh Jax it was a wreck everything I owned was destroyed. I have nothing left except what's in my Honda."

Jax holds me tight and strokes my hair then he cups my chin in his hands, "we got you nothing is going to hurt you now, I promise."

I smile, but am not sure I believe him. But I follow him inside the clubhouse.

You Aren't From Around Hereजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें