Chapter 4 - In Jax's Room

*i only own what you don't recognize *

I finally break the hug. "Thanks" Jax says to me.

We sit at the bar and down several rounds of shots with different people. The party is winding down, the room has cleared out. Jax is sitting with me at the bar smoking a cigarette.

Finally it gets to the point that natures call is overwhelming, "Jax, I really have to pee,"

He smiles taking my hand and pulling me down the hallway, "you can use the one in my room."

Following him "you live here?" I ask

Laughing, he replies " no darling, this is the clubhouse, we keep space here, it's convenient for ya know out of town guests, members who are too drunk to drive, guys who are having issues with their old ladies, and last but not least guys who pick up random girls in bars", he says with a big smile. He opens a door and we walk into a bedroom, he smiles and points "bathrooms in there."

I rush in... and take care of what needed to be taken care of, as I sit there thinking how I ended up here. For the first time in years it was like something was different. I wasn't terrified, I wash my hands and walk out. Jax is sitting on the bed, his vest is tossed nonchalantly on the chair. I walk across and sit down next to him. "I really should get back to the inn."

His hand goes right back to his hair, " You don't have to go, I don't want you to go." He says smiling at me.

I tense at the words. The possessiveness scares me. He senses the shift and puts his arm around me.

"What's the matter doll?"

I just hang my head, I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I'm completely falling apart in front of him, and before long I'm ugly crying. He drops onto the floor in front of me, looking up into my eyes as I cry.

"I don't want to talk about it, not now, I just can't talk about it." But looking into his eyes I know it's just not the right time. But I know that I totally could tell him everything that has gone on for the past 10 years. I just know I can trust him.

"I really need a ride back to my room," I say through my tears.

Jax looks me in the eyes, he's all fuzzy through my tears. He wipes my tears away with his thumb. "Darling you are in no shape to go anywhere, besides I really want to get your car looked at. And after all those shots I know I should not be riding anywhere tonight myself"

I start to protest but all that comes out is more tears, I'm shaking. He kneels up and tenderly kisses my forehead, "you look exhausted." Sitting back on his heels, he smiles that damn sexy smile again "why don't you just get some rest, and if you want to talk about it I'm here."

"I don't have any of my stuff here it's all the the inn." I again protesting.

He stands up walks to the dresser and pulls out a T-shirt and tosses it to me, "you can sleep in this and this room is yours. I can go find somewhere to sleep., probably on one of the couches out front." He starts to pick up his vest, which I later find out is called a kutte.

I start to get up and head back into the bathroom to change, when Jax says "believe it or not I have seen a naked woman before, you don't have to go in there to change, like I said I can just go, lock the door behind me." He's grinning a big smile as he swings the key in front of me as he starts towards the door.

Laughing, I say "please don't go, I don't want to be alone right now."

I shrug out of my sweater and yank my T-shirt over my head , turning away from him as I pull off my bra and pull on his T-shirt. He is gathering the stuff he pulled out of his pockets, cigarettes, lighter, some spare change. He glances up and sees me just before I get the T-shirt on. The cigarette falls out of his lips where he was about to light it up. The lighter slides out of his hands.

"Katelyn who did that to you, those are some serious scars." Jax says reaching for me I step just out of view, "it's nothing, old news." I say quietly, feeling the tears returning.

"That damn previous life, I wish you would let me in. Damnit I don't even know you but after seeing those scars I can't let you go back to wherever that happened. I mean what kind of person can do that to a person."

I look at him, he is distraught his hand is back in his hair and it's so damn sexy. He is breathing deeply, it's weird, he just met me but it seems like he cares for me more than most people ever have.

"I think I want to tell you but not tonight, tonight I want to sleep, just sleep."

He smiles.

I notice and smile and say "please will you just hold me, I don't think I want to be alone."

He unties his shoes, pulls off his T-shirt. As I stretch out on the bed, he reaches out for me and picks me up, pulling the covers down and places me gently in bed. Turning out the light on the table next to the bed.

He slides in next to me I rest my head on his chest and almost instantly I am asleep with Jax's warm arm wrapped around me.

Jax sits in the darkness the lovely scent of coconut wafting off the red hair of the waif like girl asleep on his chest. Such a beautiful girl, but with so much pain in her eyes. And the scars and bruises. Something terrible has happened to this girl, he wants to know what. He reaches over to the night table and lights a cigarette and inhales deeply. He can see that she is definitely in some trouble if she has run all the way from Maryland only to end up in Charming. He is lightly rubbing her arm, it is so soft, he stubs out his smoke and drifts off to a sleep. Thinking about how nice it is to be laying in a bed with a women, who he happens to know her name, who doesn't care that he is Jax Teller, and isn't in his bed just here to be able to say she was.

**author note the following is the original author note that I added when originally published on some blog site in 2017, tried to located the blog recently and cannot, but found an old copy on my hard drive and the handwritten notebooks

*starting to get a glimpse into our main character. And to see a little more where Jax is, yes he is that dog with the revolving door on his bedroom, and I don't doubt that he completely thought that taking her into his room was going to end up with him taking Katelyn to bed, although I am sure he thought it would end up a bit differently... but let me say this next one is a shocker, I'm going to try to get it out over this weekend, but it really starts to set the tone... I am keeping the chapters short, it just seems to fit, at least for now.*