Chapter 80 - Family Picnic

Author's Note: There's about 7 chapters left after this one. There may be more or less depending on the outcome of the actual chapters, but I have my mind set on how those chapters are going to go like.

*Back to the story

~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning started with Adrian accompanying Brody to the hospital to get his cast removed. Whilst he enjoyed Adrian being super caring and attentive to his needs, Brody was looking forward to getting back some kind of independence.

Brody was bubbling with excitement as the pain of having the cast was becoming tiring. No longer would he need to excessively rely on other people for help, like something as basic as opening a water bottle or a jar of peanut butter.

No longer would he have to restrict himself on doing things he wanted to do, like doing a full body workout, or being able to scrub himself clean - although he never complained when he showered with Adrian.

And no longer would his itchy hand be a pain in the ass to scratch with the nearest long object.

"Everything looks good. The report confirms there seems to be no lasting damage, and you should be perfectly fine to continue with your old life." The doctor had described as she read it out loud.

"Just in time for Christmas." Adrian smiled, he thought the holiday was definitely going to be perfect now.

"So, you have any plans now?" The doctor asked Brody as she made small talk.

"Doctor, my boyfriend is sitting right there. I don't think it's appropriate to plan a date." Brody joked as he was in a great mood now.

Adrian hugged Brody from behind and pinched his arm. "Ignore my boyfriend, he thinks he's hilarious."

"Just part of my charm." Brody smiled as he looked back at Adrian with equal warmth in his eyes. "That's how I won you over - eventually."

Adrian silenced Brody by kissing him, saving the doctor from Brody's poor jokes that they both enjoyed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Later that same day, Brody was pushing a trolley in the supermarket as he made his way down the bread aisle. Putting a loaf into his trolley, he continued looking around for things to buy for the family picnic everyone was going to tomorrow.

"You finally done yet?" Brody asked out loud to Adrian.

Adrian was like a kid in a candy shop, adding random foods and treat into the trolley that his eyes landed on. In hindsight it was probably a better idea to feed Adrian before they came here, because all he did was pick out snacks and junk food.

Contemplating choosing between salt and vinegar Pringles and Flammin' Hot Cheetos, Adrian paused before he tossed them both into the trolley. "We need more."

Brody had to physically stop Adrian from adding more into their trolley, laughing when he saw Adrian pout like a child.

"We've already got enough snacks for the next 3 weeks, and we haven't even begun to buy the meat yet," Brody scolded him. "And don't think I haven't noticed you hide the twizzlers under the cheese."

Adrian was caught red handed again when Brody saw him hold some crispy m&ms. He held his nerves and stared Brody back in the eyes, tossing them into the trolley as he smiled at Brody with delight in his eyes.

"Fine, we can get your boring meat now." Adrian told him as he added some mints into the trolley before they walked away from the sweets aisle.

"Unbelievable..."

Growing Attached To My Competition ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें