Chapter 24 - The Bakery

It was lunchtime the next day and Brody was in the cafeteria at Stonebrook Academy. He was sitting alone on his own table, it felt like ages since he last ate there.

Rumours about the school were still swirling around the cafeteria. Brody could hear murmurs about how the school could potentially be shut down. Brody just ignored it as he ate his BLT.

"Quick, just pretend we're talking."

"What?" Brody turned to the voice and saw Kelsey join him by sitting right next to him up close. "Oh, ok?"

Time passed silently as they both were still sitting patiently. "Well what do we now?"

Kelsey suddenly bursted out laughing as if he said the funniest joke she heard. Brody was slightly scared at how completely random Kelsey was behaving.

Kelsey was still grinning widely. "Some loser keeps trying to talk to me and if a big strong guy like you is around, he would just give up and leave without wasting my time."

This really puzzled Brody as it seemed more effort was being put into the fake plan, rather than her just talking to the guy. "Umm, I'm not interested in playing any of your weird mind games. You could just actually talk to him, like a normal person?"

Kelsey took a quick look around her before placing her hand near Brody's inner thigh.

"Get your hand off my thigh..." Brody warned her.

Kelsey took another look. "Ok loser's gone." Kelsey still had her hand on his thigh as she suggestively squeezed his leg. "You know I don't remember you seeming this muscular and strong when we went out last time. It's a shame we ended so soon, the sex would have been amazing."

Brody physically dragged her hand off him but that didn't stop Kelsey's persistence. "I mean, it could still be..."

"You know, I'm glad the very little thing we had was absolutely nothing. You need to learn how to control yourself Kelsey." Brody was stern as he laid it out. "My boyfriend would really not like any of this, at all."

Sam suddenly stopped walking past them when he overheard Brody talk to Kelsey. "You have a boyfriend?" He joined them at the table, seemingly waiting to hear from Brody.

Kelsey ignored Sam's presence as she continued talking to Brody. "Well I mean that doesn't have to change anything."

Hearing that from Kelsey had repulsed Brody. "Trust me, I want none of this mess." Brody gestured as he waved his hand at Kelsey. "You can keep whatever STIs you have all by yourself."

Kelsey seemed unfazed, as if she hears it a lot and brushed it off her shoulders. "Meh, whatever. I've got to go but we can continue this later. Thanks for the help." Kelsey winked at Brody before she left.

While one ex left, another was left at the table. "So... you have a boyfriend now?"

Brody spoke honestly as he talked to Sam. "Yes I do. And I care about him, a lot."

"My feelings for you are still there Brody, we were great weren't we? I know you feel something between us too." Sam looked plentiful with emotions as he talked.

"Sam... we were platonic friends more than anything."

Sam grabbed Brody's hand and held it within his own. "Remember how we first got together. It was some guy's random party, and we had this growing connection together. And then we kissed and everything was so amazing ever since."

Brody retracted his hand away. "People seriously need to stop touching me."

Sam didn't look apologetic as Brody relived the memory Sam described. "I remember we were both super drunk and we didn't realise who the other guy was until we saw each other again at practice."