Chapter 73 - Fractured

Adrian was woken up in the middle of the night when he heard Brody hiss in pain, because he accidentally laid down on top of his injured hand. No longer waiting until the morning, Adrian convinced Brody to get it checked out.

They sat in A&E together as it was hours until Brody got his hand looked at. When they were asked what happened, Brody made up a lie about saying how he got his hand crushed in a car door.

But the look on Adrian's face didn't convince anyone in the room. Fortunately for them the nurse was too busy to delve into the mystery behind the injury.

The sun was beginning to rise when Brody was let out of the hospital. After waiting so long for a scan on his hand, Brody was given a temporary cast to wear for at least a week, and painkillers to deal with the pain from fracturing his knuckles.

"You think it looks cool?" Brody elevated his hand to give Adrian a good look at his new cast.

A drowsy Adrian heavily yawned as they both haven't had a decent amount of sleep. "Sure."

Brody gleamed as he admired it. "It's kind of like a badge of honour, don't you think?"

It was definitely a weird way to phrase how Brody was proud he violently attacked Elliot so bad that he fractured his knuckle. But then again it showed how much he cared, and Adrian was never going to forget that.

"My hero." Adrian replied with a hint of sarcasm.

Brody shoved Adrian as he laughed. "Alright grouchy, let's get you to bed.

"Pleeeaase," Adrian dragged out, "Sleep sounds so good right now."

When they finally made it back to Brody's apartment, they were practically knocked out as they had spent the whole day asleep in bed together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Adriaaaan?" Brody whined from another room.

Adrian sighed as he was called by his demanding boyfriend for help. When he offered to personally look after Brody, partially because he was a factor that led to his injury, he didn't expect to be put into so much work.

The first night with the cast on his hand, Adrian had offered to cook them dinner. But because he wasn't particularly skilled with cooking a tasty main course, Brody over sought every action he did.

It was either too much salt, or not enough seasoning, or not turning the chicken that was in the oven. Adrian loved the guy, but Brody's nitpicking instruction was getting on his nerves.

Brody knew he was overdoing it with his pickiness, he saw the little ticks from Adrian. He wasn't being extra needy because of malicious intent or incompetence, but he thought it would be a little fun to mess with Adrian.

Brody really enjoyed the domestic bliss they were currently in, being able to boss Adrian around over the smallest things, and knowing that there was still love behind everything.

He was shameless, because of the idea that Adrian would be there for him whenever he needed him, and Brody wanted to indulge in this lifestyle.

"What?" Adrian asked grumpily, his washing up gloves were soaked with suds and water as he was interrupted from cleaning the dishes.

"I'm thirsty," Brody pouted. "Could you get me a drink please?"

Adrian stared daggers into Brody's eyes when he looked at the glass of soda right by Brody's bedside table. Brody shamelessly opened his mouth wide, gesturing for Adrian to help him drink.

"You've got to be kidding me..."

Brody mischievously smiled because of how Adrian was cracking over the little things. He knew the that Adrian would help him with the stupidest demands, partly because of the game they were playing, and partly because he knew Adrian would do it whilst pretending to resist it.