Chapter 15 - Reminiscing

Brody was interrupted from his sleep as he was woken up from the sunlight bursting through his bedroom window. He had forgotten to close them last night and in frustration of them causing him to wake up, he slammed the blinds shut. He checked his alarm clock and saw that it hadn't even gone off yet.

Brody groaned as the sun was still blinding him, despite the curtains providing him shade. Knowing that he had to soon get up anyway, he dragged himself out of his bed and into his en-suite bathroom.

After brushing his teeth and showering, he went into the kitchen and saw Ashley who was taking some eggs out of the boiled water.

"Morning!" Ashley cheerfully greeted him.

Brody only hummed in agreement before grabbing some orange juice from the fridge for the both of them.

"Where did you end up last night? You came home later than I did." Ashley wondered.

"Something came up."

Ashley joined Brody at the table as she served them both a plate of boiled eggs and soldiers. "Something good?"

Brody hummed in response as he started to dig into his breakfast.

The truth was that everything that happened last night was all he could think about, ever since he came back to his shared home. Brody replayed everything in his head before he fell asleep and when he woke up he thought about it all over again.

Brody was smiling in his food as he remembered everything all over again.

'Something brilliant happened last night...'

~~~~~~~~~~

*Back to last night*

"I guess I just have a knack for it I guess. I'm just selfless and amazing like that." Brody boasted.

Brody looked on as he watched Adrian look like he was in deep thought about something.

And before he knew it, Adrian pulled him in and kissed him.

The kiss barely lasted 3 seconds before Adrian pulled away.

After crushing on Adrian for so long, Brody imagined their first kiss would be sweet yet passionate. They would look into each other's eyes, they would instantly be in sync, and then they would fall deeper for each other.

However in reality, all Brody saw in Adrian was frenzy as alarm bells were ringing inside of his head.

It looked like Adrian had physically yanked himself away from Brody as he started rambling. "Oh my god Brody I'm so sorry. That was just so wrong of me, forcing myself on you like that."

Brody was laughing at that on the inside. This moment was what Brody wanted when he first saw Adrian on the ice rink - the kissing bit and not the breaking apart bit after said kiss.

When Brody first saw Adrian, there was an immediate physical attraction. After their first encounter the more Brody got to know Adrian, the more Brody began to like him other than just on a physical scale.

He fell for the person behind the icy and competitive nature. It was the easily flustered and sheepish character, yet confident personality that brought out a sweeter side to him, to the both of them.

And as Brody spent more time with him, Brody became more confident to try and do everything to gain Adrian's attention - to try and subtly communicate with him that Brody liked him.

Taking a long time picking an outfit to impress Adrian.

The long gazes from across the room or whenever they were near each other.