Chapter 77 - A Long Time Coming

* Mature and explicit scenes in this chapter, indicated with a # border to separate the rated chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Brody was nervously pacing himself around Adrian's living room. Any minute now, his boyfriend would be walking through the doors that looked a lot more intimidating suddenly. His train was delayed so it was a longer wait than it should have been, and that made everything more tense.

Ollie's eyes followed Brody from where he was sitting, and Ollie saw Brody didn't know what to do while he waited.

'Should I sit down and be all cool like? Or should I stand up to greet him like a gentleman?' Brody thought to himself.

Something as small as how to greet Adrian was playing with Brody's mind.

Brody struggled with his outfit as well, with tonight being one of the most important nights for them both.

'Dress to impress? Or laidback and relaxed so neither of us will freak out?'

Right now Brody had dressed to impress in smart casual. He had worn a long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans that Adrian really liked. Every little detail mattered, so it was important that nothing went wrong tonight.

Brody's cool demeanour was slipping away as the clock on the mantelpiece kept ticking away. This was one of the most nervous times Brody had ever been in, and everything had to be perfect.

Soon enough, the scary front door opened as Adrian let himself in. Catching his owner's scent, Ollie immediately dashed towards Adrian.

"Hey buddy!" Adrian was equally excited as Ollie, as both of them had missed each other a lot. "You miss me? I missed you too buddy."

After Adrian sent Ollie away, he turned to the living room and saw Brody standing there in his favourite outfit.

"Hey."

The light in the room was low, but Adrian could easily see the smile on Brody's face once they saw each other.

"Hey. Umm, where's your bags?" Brody asked as he noticed Adrian walk in empty handed.

"They got lost on the train, I was sorting it out with someone which is why I was late. Sorry." Adrian apologised out of nervousness.

"It's okay, you umm, don't have to be sorry about it." Brody told him assuredly. "You look great by the way."

Adrian had also dressed to impress, wearing an outfit that was similar to Brody's current style.

"You too."

They were standing so far apart, and they both felt the awkwardness between them.

"You hungry?" Brody asked politely, "Must have had a long night."

Adrian shook his head as he didn't want food. "No food."

With a big distance still between them, Adrian started to laugh. "This is ridiculous isn't it?"

Brody joined in as he chuckled a little. "Yeah, I'm a bit nervous too."

Adrian finally stepped forward and kissed Brody, showing him how much he had missed him since their time apart. Things were back to normal as Brody, on reflex, slipped his arms around Adrian's back, pulling him in closer.

When they looked into each other's eyes, they shared a look as they both knew what was about to happen next. With both of them ready, Adrian led Brody upstairs and into his bedroom, closing the door on the world behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing they did was sit down on the bed together. Their sides were touching as both of them sat down close to each other.