Chapter 2 - First Victory

The buzzer ended 3-2 to the Ravens. Scoring the winning point at the last second, Adrian was beyond ecstatic as he celebrated with his team.

"Great job captain!" Their goalie, Callum, praised Adrian.

Adam patted Adrian on the shoulders. "Well done mate."

The team were interrupted in their celebration by a hockey stick thrown at their feet.

"You asshole!" Someone with the number 57 on his jersey pointed at Adrian. "You elbowed me when you stole the puck from me, you cheated!"

Adrian looked closer at the jersey and it read 'Hanes'. Dismissing his tantrum, "Come on we both know that's a lie, there's no need to be embarrassed about choking a little."

"I'll choke you in a minute..." Hanes stomped forward, approaching Adrian when he was pulled back by his team. "I'll get you for this!" He belted as he was pulled off the rink.

"Geez what a nut job, you ok?" Adam asked his best friend.

Honestly speaking, Adrian was a little shocked at the outburst. That guy was slightly bigger and more built than Adrian, in a fight he wasn't sure if he could take him. "No harm done." Adrian dismissed.

Adrian went back to his team. "Great job everyone tonight, you all did brilliantly."

"I can't believe I let them score twice!" Callum shook his head in shame as he felt disappointed.

Adam was quick to reassure his teammate. "Are you kidding me? You blocked more shots than you let in. Also did you see '81'? That guy's a beast on the ice."

As the team made their way of the rink, Adrian turned to look at the one wearing the '81' jersey. The name read Sinclair, Adrian did think he was an amazing player but he was never going to tell anyone that.

Adrian studied the boy as he took his helmet off and looked at his appearance. Adrian watched as the boy swooped his sandy brown hair back. Sinclair was tall with broad shoulders, his face was typically handsome and his eyes were clear blue.

The same clear blue eyes looked back at him and smiled, showing a sharp jaw line with dimples.

'Why am I staring at him like this?' Adrian questioned himself. Feeling embarrassed, Adrian quickly looked away and attempted to walk of the rink. Adrian didn't take into account how close he was to the wall and banged his head, tripping himself over and falling on his knees.

Sinclair laughed quietly at Adrian's accident, Adrian reached out to the hand that was offered to him.

Adrian went to look up at the kind person and was face to face with Ashley.

"Are you okay? That looks like it hurt." Ashley asked kindly.

Words were difficult to process in Adrian's mind. "Yeah... Umm no I'm not. I mean yeah I'm okay and no it doesn't hurt."

Adrian quietly chuckled to himself at his lack of coherence.

Ashley complimented Adrian and his team. "You guys played great today actually, your team looked better than the last time I saw you guys play against our school."

Ashley offered a smile before walking away. "We'll win next time." She cheekily announced.

Adrian watched her walk away, only to be greeted by Sinclair. Sinclair offered her a hug and she equally embraced him back with the same amount of enthusiasm. Adrian watched Ashley punch him in the arm playfully, smiling as he laughed at her attack.

Ignoring the feeling of jealousy, embarrassment and anger he felt deep down, Adrian walked back to the locker room.

==========

Author's note: And now the story begins...

Don't forget to upvote, the support means a lot.