I thought they’d hurt me.

They’d hurt me mentally and physically as my father did to my mom and me all this time.

I was too scared.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It’s my last week as an intern at Martínez Enterprise.

I can not believe it has been a month already.
It felt like yesterday that I first walked into the office.
I looked up to the building, let out a sigh a smile appeared on my face and I walked inside.

“So, it’s already been a month huh?”

“I hope you all enjoyed working here and got to learn some new things and got the idea of how the business world works.”

All the students agreed in unison.

“So today I will be giving you your last big task as an intern here.
This will be the final project that you all will be doing and based on this you will get the chance to work as an employee in Martínez Enterprise.”

Those words brought a ray of hope in my life.
If only I could get a job here my life would be changed.

“The project details will be handed out to you shortly.”

“All the best to all of you. Thank you.”

I have to give my best and get the job no matter what it takes. I thought to myself.

And before I knew the big day has arrived.

The past couple of days no other thought crossed my mind as I was so focused on my project.

I was up late at night trying to make it the best presentation.

If only it serves me some good.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

Okay, I can do this.

I smiled at myself and left for the office.

I slowly walked towards the seminar hall as I can feel the anxiety kicking me hard.

The receptionist gave me a warm smile and I returned with a slight nod.

I quickly settled down on my seat as the hall started to fill with more people.

And I could fill the anxiety and panic grow within me with every passing second.

Soon the light was dimmed low and the hall became silent.
Only the stage light was on.
After a minute or two, Mr. Martínez walked in and the hall was filled with applause.

He quickly examined the crowd and gave a slight bow in acceptance.

This is the first time I saw him for two weeks.

He was wearing a black suit.

Now that I think about it I have never seen him wearing anything else but a suit.

He was looking really good.

No wonder all the girls are crazy for him.

He started the program. He talked about how much benefits they have gained this year how each of the employees has worked hard for this and thanked everyone.

As the clock ticked my body starts to get cold.

Finally, his speech was over and it was time for us to present our project.

Breathe…..breathe…

Just focus on breathing.

I sat there closing my eyes shut.