1

Kamyrn,

Hello, my name is Kamryn (Multimedia). Kamryn Reed that is. But you can call me Kam or Kay. My Nana calls me Kam Kams because I called her Gram Grams when I was younger. That was just our thing, though.

Many people think I am weird, which you're probably thinking now but I believe it's because Im different than most people my age. I see life from a different view and people don't understand that. I don't have many friends, Well I don't have any friends, just my dog Carter. He's my only friend. My grandmother was once my bestfriend but she passed last year. Now, it's just me and Carter.

Im a pretty shy girl because I don't like to be judge and it makes me feel uncomfortable around people. Id rather be alone anyway, reading my books on wattpad and listening to my favorite music. I ride solo most days.

I don't have a job but instead I get allowance for working in my mom's bakery. My mom is the Queen of Cookies I like to say. My mom's name is Carmen (Taraji P. Henson) and she's pretty young to be a mom but I love her dearly for taking care of me. I appreciate my dad for marrying her like a real man should when he found out she got pregnant when they were in high-school. Im proud to say that I have two successful parents who have a wonderful marriage.

My father is the bread winner in the family and he's a proud man. My father's name is Michael (Terrence Howard) and he's only a couple years older than my mom. My dad has a Well paying job as a Business man and I am proud to say that I don't have to want for anything. My parents spoil me for I am the only child but I am taught a lesson each day by my father that you have to work for what you want in life.

I love my parents dearly and I wouldn't know what I would do without them or who I would be. Every night I go to sleep, I pray that God protects them both from stress and ruin. They've had much of that getting to the point they are now and I am happy that they are perfect now.

------

"Kam, help me and your father take the rest of these boxes off the moving truck, please" my mom suggested.

"Yes, ma'am." I responded as I took a box from her hands.

"Thank you, sweetheart." She smiled.

"You're welcome, ma" I laughed.

I liked helping my mother because she doesn't ask for much and plus she raised me. I owe her 18 years of hard labor. My mom was one of those stay at home mom's and a housewife. She cooks,cleans, and cares. I love that woman to death and wouldn't trade her in for the world.

Today we moved into our new house in Los Angeles, California. We're coming from Grand Rapids, Michigan and I can almost garuntee you that No place is like home but some things look alot better. It's beautiful and hot over here. Michigan weather sucks. I like to say that the weather there is bipolar.

My wonderful parents agreed to moving here with me because after my senior year, I will be attending UCLA. This is my last year with them before Im off too college and I already miss them. This means I'll be an adult and making my own choices. I mean Im 18 already and will be turning 19 the first week of school but thats because I had to repeat 8th grade because I got a C on my report card. How embarrassing? Yes, I know, right. But I will never be a dum dum. I havent got lower than a B since.

This means I get to start over. Maybe even make a few friends. I can go to parties and have fun. I dont know, maybe I can find that forbbiden word called love. I mean, I dont want a boyfriend but I do want to know what it feels like to go out on a date. I can count on one hand how many boys ive ever spoke to in my school years. Crazy right?

------

After I finished getting all the boxes in the house, I decided to go upstairs in my new room and unpack. Once I was done un packing, I took a bath to soak my body. I heard a knock my bathroom door and I jumped up startled.

"Yes?" I asked.

"School starts at 7:30. Be there by 7 o'clock" My mom demanded.

"Yes ma'am." I responded.

I check my phone for the time and see that its 8:37pm. I think I should hurry up and get out so that I can get some beauty rest for my first day tomorrow. I dont wanna be late or sleepy, first impressions are everything.

After my bath, I lotioned up and put on my nike sport bra and nike sports shorts. Usually, I would sleep naked but this will do for tonight. I plop myself on my king sized bed and snuggle under the plush comforters and sheets after turning on my fan.

I play my music quietly on my speaker and slowly drift away to sleep. As they do when Im finally knocked out and before my dad goes to work, my parents come into my room and turn off my music, then kisses me on the forehead.

"Good night, Baby girl. Have a great day at school in the morning, I love you." My dad whispers.

"Sweet dreams, mamas. I love you." My mom says. Then, they both quietly leave the room slowly shutting my door.

-------------------------------------