Why are you Afraid to Cry in Front of Me?

~Y/n's POV~

My dad had told Thomas to take the rest of the week off, since he just had a traumatic experience and we had to finish wedding planning. Thomas and I walked in the front door. He was clearly shaken up from the whole thing, but he didn't want to show it. Whenever he was upset he tried to appear strong since he didn't want to compromise his masculinity. I think this is bullshit though because if anyone is sad or upset they should be able to cry. 

Thomas shucked off his coat and sat down on the couch. He was clearly upset. I sat down next to him, rubbing his back with my hand. 

"Thomas I'm sorry," was all I was able to say. He stood up and slammed his fist against the coffee table. 

"You're sorry Y/n! That's all you have to say!" He snarled. 

"Tommy, I'm as perplexed as you-" 

"Perplexed! I'm not perplexed Y/n, I know exactly why your mother did this to me. It's because I spoke out against her!" He yelled. He was now pacing back and forth. I got up and grabbed this arm. 

"Tommy-" He quickly pulled away from me. 

"Don't Tommy me Y/n. Just leave me alone," he said. There were tears forming in his eyes. He ran up the stairs. I heard the door to his office open and then slam close. He didn't want me to see him cry. Men confuse me. Why are they so afraid of showing emotion. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper and a quill and quickly wrote 

Thomas, 

I am paying a visit to Alexander's to inquire why men are so afraid to show emotion. If you can't find me that's where I am. I also want to give you your space. 

I grabbed my coat and walked out the door. Alexander had also been sent home so I just had to walk the 5 blocks to his house. It was about 4 o'clock in the afternoon and the wind had picked up, causing me to pull my coat closer to my chest. 

I knocked on the door of Alexander's house. Luckily I hadn't run into any reporters on my way there. Philip answered the door. 

"Auntie Y/n!" He exclaimed, running towards me with his arms open. I quickly pulled him into a hug. 

"Hey Pip, it's good to see you!" I said. Eliza soon appeared behind Philip. 

"Y/n, I heard what happened to Thomas, is he okay?" Eliza asked. 

"No, that's why I came. I wanted to ask Alexander why men are afraid emotion. Thomas shuts me out when he's upset and today is no exception," I explained. 

"Good luck. That's a mystery I've been trying to solve for a long time now," Eliza chuckled, causing me to laugh. 

"Is he in his office?" I asked, hanging my coat up on the rack. Eliza nodded. I walked up the stairs and into Alexander's office. 

"Y/n! I wasn't expecting to see you today!" Alexander exclaimed. 

"Yeah well I have a question for you," I said. Alexander cocked his eyebrow and motioned for me to sit down, "and what might that question be?" 

"Why are men so afraid to show emotion. Thomas won't let me see him cry and I just want to help him," I explained. Alexander sat down his quill, leaned back in his chair and thought for a minute. 

"That's a good question," he began "Frankly I don't have an answer. I'm guessing Thomas doesn't want you to see him in a vulnerable state." 

"But I still don't understand why society puts pressure on men not having emotion." 

"Y/n I'm sorry I really don't know. You've been gone for like what 15 minutes?" Alexander asked. I nodded. "I recommend you go back home and comfort him now. I'm guessing he just wanted to be alone for a while, but now he's probably going to want comfort." 

"Thanks Alex," I said. Alexander smiled as I ran down his stairs, grabbed my coat and ran out the door. 

As I walked through the front door I heard a sound from upstairs. It was crying. I put my coat on the rack and ran upstairs, busting open Thomas's office door. He was on the floor his head to his knees. 

"Tommy," I said. He looked up, his face a bright red and stained with tears, "Oh Tommy." I sat down on the floor next to him and pulled him into a hug. 

"Y/n I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed you out like that," He cried into my shoulder. 

"Tommy it's okay. You needed a little time to yourself," I said. 

"Where did you go?" He asked. 

"I went to Alexander's to ask him why men are afraid to cry." Thomas smiled. 

"And what'd he tell you?" He asked with a chuckle. 

"That you probably didn't want me to see you in a vulnerable state and didn't want me to think you were weak." 

"Damn it Alexander hit the nail on the head," Thomas said. 

"Thomas, nothing could ever make me think you were weak, it's okay to cry when you're upset. I will never ever ever think you are weak. You prove to me everyday you are the strongest man alive," I said. Thomas grabbed my chin with his thumb and index finger and said, "Have I told you you're the most beautiful woman on this planet yet today?" 

"Thomas today isn't about me-" I was cut off with a kiss. I felt my arms wrapping around his shoulders and neck as one of his hands grabbed my waist the other grabbed my back of my head to deepen the kiss. He pulled away, only for his lips to wind up on neck. 

"Tommy," I chuckled. 

"I love you so much Kitten." 

A/n I hope you enjoyed this update! Anyway for today's Gaga update we look back at the critically forgotten and underrated Paper Gangsta. 

Also I would like to personally thank @ADHDgarbage and @Potato221B for reading, thanks for the support!