The Dangers of Forgetting Lunch

A/n Guess who's back, back again. Shady's back, tell a friend. 

~Thomas's POV~

I sat in my office chair, my stomach growling. Since I had gotten out of bed late, I forgot to pack a lunch. I had to try to wait for as long as I could, but I couldn't anymore. I need food. I walked over to George's office and knocked on the door. 

"Come in." 

I slowly opened the door. George put down his quill when he saw me. 

"Thomas, sit. What can I do for you?" He asked. 

"Uhhhh I was wondering if you had any left over lunch," I spat out, embarrassed I had to ask it. 

"Left over lunch?" His eyebrow raised. 

"Yeah I woke up early and forgot to pack a lunch and if I go to the market or a restaurant I will be bombarded," I said. 

"I'm sorry Thomas, I don't. Couldn't you go home and get some?" He asked. 

"No, there are press all over my house and I want it to be as calm as possible for Y/n," I replied. 

"I'm really sorry Thomas. If you want to disguise yourself and go to the market I have an large coat and hat you could wear. Ask Alexander first though," He said. 

"Alright, thanks George." I walked out and closed the door, marching to Alexander's office. I knocked on the door. 

"Come in." 

"Hey Alexan-" 

"What the hell do you want Thomas?" He snarled. 

"I was getting there Jesus Christ," I said, "Do you have leftover lunch I could borrow, I kinda forgot to pack one and I don't feel like disguising myself to get an apple and a piece of chicken at the market."  

"Sorry I don't, but Eliza wanted me to take one of her dresses to a tailor downtown, you could wear the dress, no one would know it was you!" He started snickering, I rolled my eyes. 

"I said I didn't want a disguise!" I exclaimed. Alexander just kept laughing. 

"Sorry Thomas, you're shit outta luck then," he said. I rolled my eyes again and walked out of his office and back into my office and sat in my chair. I considered my option. 

1. Wait 3 and a half hours to get off of work and eat when I get home. 

2.  Go to either the market or a restaurant as myself and get mobbed and all the stress will cause all of my famous, luscious curls to turn grey. 

3. Wear George's coat and hat and possibly be disguised in that. 

4. Wear a dress and have my career be over. 

I decided to go with option two, grabbing my wallet and hopping into the carriage. It was weird, there weren't a gaggle of reporters outside.

"Take me to the market please," I said to the carriage driver. This was going to be an adventure. 

We pulled up to the market, luckily no reporters were there. They weren't expecting me to go in such a public place, but I had to be quick. I had my lunch list written down. 

1 Apple

A turkey sandwich 

This market served a large homeless population, so they would serve things like turkey sandwiches in case a poor or homeless person needed one. I quickly ran to the fresh produce stall. 

"Hi could I have an apple please?" I asked. 

"Of course sir," A woman said, grabbing an apple. I handed her the money and began walking. 

"Oh my god it's Thomas Jefferson!" A person yelled. I turned around so see the reporters who had been outside the office at the cantaloupe stall. 

I quickly started sprinting. I didn't want to deal with this shit. I sprinted and zigzagged, trying to escape them. I quickly darted into a dark alley. I lost them. I leaned against a cold metal door, catching my breath. 

That's when I felt the door open, a hand pull my arm and another hand cover my mouth.  

A/n ohhh cliffhanger. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, life got crazy. Anyway I hope you liked this chapter and thank you for over 6k reads! 

In this Gaga update we celebrate the release of Chromatica last week, if you haven't listened to it here is the full album. It's so fucking good you need to listen to it. If you have what's your 3 favorite songs? It's hard to choose, but more me it's probably Babylon, Replay, and 911. That's in no particular order by the way.

 I love all the songs, but those 3 are really good! I also like 1000 doves cause it gives the people who wanted more of her slow Joanne-era pop something similar to that. 

On my Gaga book I'm either gonna write a what every Chromatica song is about or ranking Chromatica songs. Which one would y'all like?