Dinner

~Y/n's POV~ 

Thomas and I pulled up to my father's house and got out of the carriage. The door quickly flung open to reveal my father. 

"Y/n! Thomas!" He exclaimed, hugging us both, "come in, come in. Dinner is ready." He lead us to the dinning room, Thomas pulling out my chair. Dinner was at the table and we began to eat.

"So Y/n are you enjoying life at Monticello?" My father asked. 

"Yes, I love it up there. The air is so clean and I feel at peace, the one down side is all the snow," I laughed. Thomas and my father laughed as well. 

"It is cold at Monticello, but it is very nice," Thomas said. I smiled. 

"Thomas have you put any thought into Alexander's debt plan?" My father asked, sipping his drink. 

"I still fucking hate it," Thomas growled. I laughed and my dad sighed. 

"Thomas, I really think for the benefit of the country it's a good idea to support it," My dad said. 

"George, I'll think about it. I still want the capitol to be in Virginia though," Thomas said. As we finished up dinner, my father said "Y/n come with me. I have something I need to show you!" I followed him up the stairs and into his bedroom. 

"What is it you want to show me dad?" I asked. He opened the chest at the foot of his bed and pulled out a dress. 

A/n that is the dress 

"This is the dress your mother wore on our first date. I thought you might want it," My dad said. I felt tears welling in my eyes. There was a painting in my dads office of my mother in this very dress. When historians look back on my mother they will see a painting of her in this very dress. 

"Dad I can't take it, I know how much it means to you," I began, but he cut me off "no Y/n I insist, your mother wanted you to have this when you were old enough, and now since you are going on dates of your own I think it's well time for you to have it." 

"Thank you," I said on the verge on the tears. Then Alice appeared. 

"Mr. Washington there is a letter for you from a Finley Wolf," she said. 

"Ah fuck," He grumbled. I followed him and Alice downstairs to the dinning room. Thomas had the letter in his hands, he gave it to my father. He ripped open the envelope and read the letter aloud. 

Dear Mr. Washington, 

I disagree with your cancelling of the engagement. I am clearly a better match than Thomas Jefferson. I don't know what has gotten into you Mr. President, but you are her father. Just tell the lovely Y/n I love her and I will eventually win her heart. 

--Finley Wolf 

"Well shit, what are we gonna do, he clearly wants to marry Y/n," Thomas said. 

"We keep him away at all costs," My father said.