Feels like Sunlight

Start from the beginning

Slowly he pulled her hood over her head, "Let's hurry, that way we can figure out how to control those abilities." Yuna met his statement with a quiet nod,as they made their way out the home. She pulled the door closed behind them and locked it. She rushed back to Shuichi and grabbed his larger hand. "Let's hurry before Miss Azumi sees you.." She spoke just below a whisper, not yet ready to try and speak or talk with her mind being in a jumble. On the bright side she soon realized, it was quiet in her head.

Her classmate gave out a half-hearted chuckle, muffling the sound with his right thumb. "I would not worry so much, it's quiet likely your little issue rendered your neighbors unconscious from your earlier mood." He gave her hand another good-natured squeeze. She gave the neighborhood a quick look around before nodding with him. Truly there was noway for either of them to know the extent of possible damage she had made.

Shuichi maintained his silence as they walked on, just keeping his grip on Yuna's hand in hopes it would help calm her more so. "H-How did you know I needed help?" She startled him by breaking the quiet atmosphere around them. "I heard you calling for it. If you must know thought projections as powerful as that are quite loud." he responded simply. A soft, almost bell like chuckle left her, catching the usual cool teenager off guard.

"I can only imagine your fortitude if you were the only one to remain conscious in comparison to my neighbors."

She had startled herself with how easily she that humorous statement,though it was more than likely her way of dealing with confusing thoughts and issues. She could not really know since she had never been put in this position before, nor had she ever had friends to share such awkward moments to do such a deflection.

Friends...The same thought she had sometime ago about the subject came back to her. Timidly, she looked over to her classmate, pursing her lips to speak. However as soon as she took in a breath to speak all her confidence vanished.

Why are you helping me like this... We aren't friends it makes no sense.I'm not worth helping.

Once again she could not find it in her to speak up. Yuna breathed out her nose as she looked away from him. Self loathing filled her heart,mixing with the shame of how weak a person she was.

"Normally I would be inclined to agree with your sentiments, but I can't help but feel the need to help you." He looked over at her, "It is also true we are not friends, not from my lack of trying mind."Yuna turned to face him with wide eyes, had she actually said those out loud? The young man's green eyes crinkled with a small chuckle."No you did not say any of that out loud I can assure you. You are merely projecting your thoughts."

They continued to walk in silence for quite some time until they came to a medium sized home, above the mailbox was a nameplate which read"Minamino" in black. The front lawn of the home had a garden of varying flowers and an older woman tending them. Shuichi rush forward, "Mother! What are you doing here?" His voice held a slight quiver and was filled with worry. As the he fretted over his mother, Yuna stayed rooted to her spot in front of the home, unsure if she should impose on them.

The woman quickly shooed the fretting Shuichi away before laying her warm, brown eyes on Yuna. A beautiful, happy smile filled the woman's face seeing her, and she dusted her hands off before walking to her."Oh my! Shuichi I had no idea you had such a pretty friend." She gave her a slight bow, "I was beginning to worry my son didn't have friends!" The happy smile of the woman filled with relief. The young girl could almost feel her eyes start watering up, she had never met a person so filled with kindness and warmth. The sense that everything would be alright washed over the blue haired girl.