Alone Inside

Light brown eyes stared blankly at the soft off-white pages of the thick book in front of them. A soft sigh escaped silently as the slight ticking of a wall clock sounded out. Looking up from the book, the eyes darted around the room, looking at all the other students in their pink and red uniforms. Brown eyes darted towards the wall clock, seeing the seconds ticking down towards the dismissal bell.

With a bated breath, every tick seemed to slow down the closer it got till finally, "Ring!" The bell sounded and the rest of the students stood up collecting their belongings, getting ready for the walk home with their friends. "Urameshi-chan!" a teenage boy's voice cried out.

A boy ran in with a large grin across his face. His messy chestnut hair framed his face lightly, while his black eyes where shining in excitement. His Meiou High uniform had become unruly and crumpled in different places.

"T-Tsumari-san... What is it?" came the quiet and soft response of the owner of the light brown eyes, a plain looking girl. He smiled down at her, "the photography club is getting new cameras! We'll finally have the latest models since you and Minamino tied in the national tests last quarter!" The girl's brown eyes widened, a small smile taking over her plain face.

Before she could speak, a bright flash rendered her temporarily blind. Blinking to clear the spots from her eyes, she looked up at her friend in confusion. He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "I'm taking pictures of everyone who made this possible for the photography club, and since you made that deal with the headmaster..."

Another sheepish smile was sent her way, "To be honest, I didn't think you would actually tie the score with Minamino." A light pink came to dust itself on her cheeks.

"Well, Tsumari-san, when I heard how passionate you were about the photography club and how it needed new equipment. I couldn't help but want to make it possible." Her quiet voice trailed off as she could not look at the older boy any longer without stuttering.

A large smile came over his face before he grabbed her hands and bowed repeatedly to her. The commotion started to earn a lot of stares, though not just from the students, but from her teacher as well. "Tsumari. I understand that you are excited about the new funding for your club. But you must understand that Miss Urameshi has matters she must take care of."

With a startled look, her friend looked at he teacher worriedly, "Y-Yes Ginjirou-sensei! See you later Yuna!" Tsumari yelled out before running out the room, leaving behind a number of murmuring students.

"Tch. What does Tsumari-senpai even see in that girl?" a student whispered though, it was loud enough for her to hear. Another whispered joined in the chorus, "Right? Not only is she plain looking, I heard her brother is a delinquent at some crummy school." Yuna hung her head low, gathering her belongings quietly and heading out the door.

Her walk to the school's entrance was a quiet one, the cruel whispers fading into the background noise surrounding her.

The young girl's mind had been far to focused on getting home that she tripped over her own feet, causing her to topple onto the ground. Her brown eyes darted around, the area around her exceedingly blurry, confirming her revelation that her glasses fell off.

Yuna began to pat the ground around her, squinting her eyes in some hope that would miraculously help her see better. The was no such luck for her until she heard a suave voice say something, "Urameshi-san is it? Are you looking for these?" Someone tapped her shoulder, causing her to turn around and come face to face with red and pink blur.

A warm hand grasped hers, opening her palm and placing something thick and plastic on it. She recognized the item as her glasses, quickly placingg them on and coming face to face with the boy she tied with in academics, Shuichi Minamino.