A Son's Motivation

Yuna had no idea how much time had passed, she had been in a semi-conscious daze since they finished the heist. Groggily, she looked around, finding herself back in her room back at the Minamino house. With some effort, she managed to sit up and see the small, handwritten note that her friend had left.

"Tying up the rest of the heist business."

Staring silently at the note, she sighed, happy that he was fine and she didn't fail. Her head was killing her. Every time she moved, her head would pulse and pound in pain. If she never had to do it again, it would be too soon. Ripping the covers off, she staggered out of her room and down to the kitchen.

The home was eerily quiet, which didn't sit right with her. After living with the Minamino's, she had grown attached to the sounds of Shiori moving about the home. It felt cold without the warm-hearted mother there. Looking down at the tiled floor beneath her, Yuna felt sick at how spoiled Shiori made her feel.

It wasn't fair to the older woman, who had not only showed her such kindness but treated Yuna as her own child, was stuck in the hospital because of her father. None of this was fair, not to her and definitely not to Shiori. Pushing down the sick feeling, she quickly pulled out two travel bentos and set to work.

Yuna smiled softly down at her two homemade bentos, proud of how well they turned out. She wrapped them neatly in red silk before she made her way out the door and headed towards the hospital.

_____________

It had been almost a week when Shuichi brought an unexpected visitor with him. Yuna was trying everything in her power to get the older mother to eat when she heard them come in.

"Oh! It's rare to see you bring a friend over!"

With a tired smile, she turned to look at her friend, however, the moment she saw the other boy with him Yuna stood as still as a statue. Taking a deep breath and shaking her head, she focused back on Shiori and less on the new visitor.

"Shiori-san, please eat something, I even made some Taiyaki.."

Yuna's soft voice was filled with worry as she stared at the withering woman. Shuichi was quick to step in as well.

"I'll help you peel some apples, Mother."

The older woman tried to wave them off saying she had no appetite, but the two teenagers quickly won out against her. Their visitor watched in confusion at the display,

_____________

Standing on the rooftop of the hospital was Shuichi and his black-haired, brown-eyed visitor.

"Shuichi is the name they gave me in the Human World. She's my human mother, my father passed not too long after I was born into this world. While they've been taking care of me, I've kept the truth hidden."

The red-haired teen turned towards his green-clad counterpart and continued.

"My true form is that of a fox thief, I would disarm wards and pick locks to steal ancient treasures and weapons. Many years ago I was pursued and severely injured by a skilled hunter. Being forced to seek safety in the human world. I wasn't powerful enough to possess a human, so I took refuge within an unborn child.

"In ten years of that time I could recover and I would be able to be a demon once more. When that time came I was going to leave that woman behind."

"Then why did you stay?"

The two boys made eye contact.

"Did you see her scars?"

His companion nodded, choosing to stay quiet and see where Kurama's story went.