Make them Stop

Yuna was a lonely girl, this was a blatant fact. After she turned five, her father gained legal custody over her, and kept her away from her older half-brother and mother. He started her education very early, cram school, private tutors, extended lessons, and intellectual clubs. Yuna had been cooped up and isolated from other children her age.

Though Yusuke would always find a way to go and see her. Once, when he was 8, he managed to board a train and get to her preschool to walk her home. Her father and their mother were not happy, for entirely different reasons. It had been those rare moments that Yuna always looked forward to.

Over the last few years, however, her brother's rare visits stopped. They were teens now and had seemed to go their individual ways. Yusuke a delinquent, while Yuna went with academics.

Looking at the happily walking groups made it very clear that she had an unconventional childhood. With the ache in her chest, she could not help but stare longingly at the groups. What would it be like to have a friend? She thought to herself.

She had not realized that the person walking in front of her had paused, causing her to bumped into them. "Ah! Sumimasen... Minamino-san." Yuna turned her eyes down to the ground, there was something about her classmate that set the girl on edge. "Hello again Urameshi-chan, how was your day today?" His question threw her off guard, why would he ask her that?

"O-Oh it was fine, pardon me, but what brought such a question on?" She brought her eyes up to meet those of her classmate. For just a fraction of a second, the pretty, red haired and green-eyed teenager flickered to a fox eared man with silvery white hair and yellow eyes. A wave of fear washed over her, there was something hidden behind his kind, pretty face. Shuichi Minamino was dangerous, something in the back of her mind was screaming it.

He gave her a disarming smile, to no avail, as her gaze immediately turned back down to their feet. "You seemed very distracted in class today. I was worried something was amiss." His smile was polite with a mix of faux concern, he was asking out of observed obligation. "Arigatou gozaimasu, I appreciate the concern, but I am fine, it's just a reoccurring headache." She bowed politely, the way he was looking at her was unsettling. "I'll just head to the small clinic near my home. Thank you again for your concern" Concluding the conversation, Yuna hurried away from him.

The girl's head started to ache, a strong pulsing feeling rushing through her. Clutching her head, she flinched, the pain was similar to when her brother gave her noogies, or knocked on her head. "Oi! I ain't dead! Stop moping!" A yell came from all around her. She could almost recognized the voice as her brother's.

Shaking her head, the girl sighed once more as she continued on her way to her cram session. I don't want to go to cram, I just want to go home and rest. Yuna thought to herself as she continued her walk to the building. But I'm too much of a coward to skip. "Honk!" The horn of a car came blaring towards her.

Time slowed, she wanted to run, but her legs remained rooted to their spot. First came the shock, then sharp pain, and blackness soon followed. Her eyes opened slightly after what felt like a long second. She could see people around her, but everything hurt even the light so she closed them.

When she opened her eyes once more she saw two EMTs trying to talk to her. A green male school uniform caught her attention, as the wearer was not only floating above her, but a very familiar person. Yusuke? She thought before she closed her eyes again.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

The sound of beeping jarred the young girl from a hefty slumber. Fluttering her eyes open the smell of antiseptic and bleach assualted her nose. The bright light and the smell did nothing to help the excruciating headache that had begun to develop. Her heart rate sky rocketed at not knowing where she was or how she got there.

Nurses soon came in to check on the girl frantically, Oh geeze, not another one. Why can't these kids just stop freaking playing in the damn street. Stupid girl. A woman's voice rang in Yuna's head, causing her to freak out more. "Calm down, its alright. You're alright now. You got hit by a car and sustained a head injury." The nurse spoke in a fake concerned tone. "W-What?" A look of annoyance flashed in the nurses eyes before quickly vanishing.

"You've suffered a head injury, it's normal to feel a little out of sorts. The doctor is getting your CT scan ready." The woman slowly explained, her voice taking a more genuine tone. She's lucky to get by with a slight head injury, without so much as a scratch on the rest of her body. There was that voice again...

She could almost swear it was the nurse's voice but every time she heard it, it sounded like it was being projected into her very brain. More pain racked her head as a pulsing ache echoed in her brain, as more voices sounded around her. They were all different, some sounded close others were far.

I wonder if I'll ever get better..

I hate the food here.

Where's Mommy?! I wanna go home!

Don't worry Mother, I'll save you.

If I act sick enough I wonder I can get that cute doctor's number...

I hope my husband doesn't find out it's not his.

Even more voices rang through her head. The pain grew to such a size that tears began to fall down her cheeks. "It hurts! Make them go away!" She choked out a sob, there was no way to dull or mute them. Hey its okay I got you Yuna..

Doctors and more nurses rushed in to check on the frantic and crying girl. "Someone get me a sedative quick!" She could barely make out the doctor's shout, until a quick, stabbing pain hit her leg and everything became muddled. The voices ringing out slowly lost their volume until Yuna met sleep once more.

Floating above the now unconscious 13 year old, a boy with greased back black hair watched the girl worriedly. "Come on, I'm about to come back to life. You can't go crazy on me now." Going down to her side, he tried to pinch her cheek with a weak scowl. "Seriously, you're not allowed to go and scare me like that."