Jaganshi, Master of the Evil Eye

Yusuke stood outside the hospital, waiting. He hadn't seen his sister since before he came back to life when he was a ghost checking on her. What in the world could he say to her, especially in this situation. His gut told him that she was more involved than Kurama and she let on. Yusuke sighed in frustration and raked his fingers through his greased hair.

Turning his brown eyes up, he caught sight of his sister slowly walking out of the hospital by herself. He watched as she sat on one of the outside benches.

..when this is all my fault.

Her words played in his head over and over. With slow and steady steps he walked towards his small sister. He wanted to get to the bottom of this, if not now then when all this was wrapped up. He didn't want his baby sister involved at all.

Yuna's eyes snapped up when she heard footsteps coming her way. Golden orbs met brown ones and for a moment time stood still. What would she say? What could she say?

"My father died. Shiori-san took me in..."

The words just tumbled out her mouth. She broke their shared gaze, looking away from him. Anxiety started to spread through her as she waited for her brother's response. Tears started to pool in her eyes as her eyes focused them on the ground. Yusuke knelt in front of her, trying to catch her gaze once more.

"We'll talk about it later, right now let's go see Mom."

With blurry eyes she nodded, grabbing his hand tightly as he led her back home to their mother.

———————-

"We're home!"

Atsuko turned from her place in front of the tv and looked over, about to give a snarky comment to her son. The sight of her daughter caused her to fall silent. Yuna forced a small smile to her face as she looked at her mother and made her way to sit next to the woman. Yusuke's voice caught their attention.

"Let me cook dinner tonight."

Their mother swiveled her head towards him in shock.

"Oh! So the sun rises from the west now!"

"Shaddup!"

___________

The sounds of wooden boxes breaking echoed through a marked warehouse.

"Goki died like a wretch and that fox has been tied down by senseless emotions."

Another box was soon cleaved in two.

"There are no other high-class demons besides me!"

Hiei smirked as he looked down at the Shadow Sword, his eyes glinting with malice.

"I'll just create more with this sword. I'll make a demonic army who'll do what I tell them and bring me the things that I want! But before that, I'll retrieve the other two treasures and kill Urameshi!!"

________

Yuna sat next to Shiori's hospital bed as Shuichi and the doctor spoke. The older woman was recovering rapidly and so the hospital staff had set to work on discharging her. A bright smile had lit across her face as she held the woman's hand. Everything was alright now, Shuichi was alright, and Shiori was doing better. Yuna felt content at the moment.

Until she felt a searing malevolence from somewhere nearby.

She looked towards her friend as he continued to pleasantly smile at the doctor. Shuichi couldn't feel it, or he at least showed no outwards signs if he did. A bad feeling rose in her stomach as she turned her gaze towards the window, barely catching sight of a black flickering blur. Her mind raced as she stared in horror at Hiei's retreating figure.

She waited till Shiori's boyfriend made it to the hospital so that she and Kurama could take their leave.
"Kurama."

Yuna's soft voice held an edge that he hadn't often heard, and she called him by his demon name. Something she had never done outside of his mind.

"Hiei's going to do something drastic... and dangerous. If he hasn't already."

His green eyes widened with realization. As quickly as he could, he grabbed her hands and ran as fast as he could with her.

"Are you able to focus on him?"

He asked, quickly looking over his shoulder at the blue-haired girl. A worried, yet frightened expression filled her face. She could try, but she was terrified of being overpowered like she had been when they had first met. Yuna's breathing grew quick and fast, pupils blown and her body shaking. Kurama could see the start of the anxiety attack. The red-head stopped running, twisting around to grab Yuna's shoulders.

"I need you to focus on me."

As much as he felt bad about what he was going to do, his friend needed it.

"We don't have time for you to be doubting yourself and frightened or becoming anxious. Hiei will kill that detective, and the people he holds dear. If you don't help me locate him and stop him, they will die all because of your fear."

Yuna's hands dropped to her sides, shaking less. What he said was right, but she still couldn't help being as frail as she was. The young teen harshly bit her lip and nodded, and let her mind wander. Pain filled her head as she tried to filter through thought after thought. A deep shock flew through her system as soon as she hit one in particular.

How long till he gets here I wonder? I have a special surprise for that meddling detective... Don't worry, Girl, he'll be able to greet you in death after I'm done.

Yuna's golden eyes snapped open as she forcibly cut the mental link. Rushing to a nearby bush, she quickly emptied her stomach. Shuichi was quick to grab her hair and pat her back as she retched and coughed.

"H-He's... Warehouse 4, in the docks district, five kilometres from Sarayashiki... T-Thats where he is..."

She as completely out of breath, forcing air back into her lungs as best she could from the strain and her own fear. Shuichi quickly grabbed her and disappeared with a blast speed.