Come to a Head

Yuna took a deep breath as she slowly made her way to her home. With each step she took from Shuichi the more her anxiety grew, becoming a painful bite in her chest. Before long she was standing at the door of her home.

Every part of her brain screamed at her not to go in, she could buy new stuff! Anything was better than the painful fate that awaited her if her father caught her in the home.

Taking a deep breath she looked behind her and to her friend one last time before silently entering the home. She quickly took her shoes off and tucked them under her arm, before making her way up the stairs to her room. She made no noise as she moved, angling her feet and walking over the creaky spots of the home.

Everything in the home was silent, making her assume her father was in his office. However, a certain realization filled her already anxious self with complete fear. She quickly reached out to the only safe person right now.

Shuichi... I can't hear him.

What do you mean you can't hear him.

I mean I can't feel or hear his thoughts!

There was a pause in his thoughts like he was putting something together. It didn't take long for his response. The emotions from him welling up in her body, fear, shock, and worry.

YUNA GET OUT OF THERE NOW!

It was too late unfortunately when her father's hand fell heavily onto her shoulder, gripping tightly. It was then that the panic set in as she knew she was trapped with a monster of a father. Slowly, she turned her head and her eyes met his steely grey ones. In the swift blink of an eye, her father's appearance seemed to have been changed into a grotesque, and deformed purple being before going back to normal.

Yuna didn't have time to think of it much as her head twisted in pain from a swift blow and she felt herself fall down the stairs. Pain and soreness radiated from parts of her body while bright spots filled her vision. The teen laid there in a daze as she blearily glimpsed up at the top of the stairs, the fear in her growing as that same grotesque creature took her father's place.

"What a disappointment. All these years of trial and error were nearly wasted. Yet, when I finally succeed, I get the most spineless excuse of an heir that picks the worst time to be rebellious. It's fine though, I now know what criteria I need to get the most optimal offspring, so I can just make a new one."

Her father's voice sounded hollow as it came from the purple beast. Its glowing grey eyes matching the same intensity as her father's. Closer and closer it came to her fallen and trembling form. Raising a clawed and wart-covered hand, it slashed down just as she raised her arms up.

A cry of anguish escaped her as her arms began to bleed heavily. However, the terror that gripped her was worse than the growing pain in her arms as she scrambled to get away. The voice of her father was now in her head, sending an overwhelming amount of pressure in her mind.

Did you think I wouldn't see? I knew the moment I returned and found out you were in the hospital. It took almost fourteen years for you to finally awaken! The plan was in motion, everything was set to go, but then you had to make connections.

The thing's hand grasped her ankle and began to drag the teen into the living room. Yuna frantically kicked her legs, trying to get the monster to loosen its grip. A yelp escaped her as she was thrown into the center of the room. A snarling grimace overcame its sharp-toothed face as its beady eyes gazed down at her.

She barely registered the sound of the front door being broken down by Shuichi as he rushed in. The beast lifted an arm and she watched as her red-haired companion flew into the wall with a loud crack.

Stay there, I'll get to you in a minute.

It turned its focus back to her, leaning in much to her disgust. Yuna tried to lean away as her body shivered and shook, resulting in garbled laughter from him. Insect-like clicking followed after as it remained hunched over her form.

My appearance not to your liking? Well, that's too bad; considering this is how low we've become. There was a time when we were almost angelic in appearance.

More clicking followed at his words, his clawed feet tapping lightly against the floor. Pulling back from her, it paced about the living room almost lazily. While she was too terrified to move her body, Yuna looked over to her green-eyed friend. He was stuck against where the wall met the ceiling, his eyes hardened on the creature.

Another garble laugh escaped the thing as it caught his gaze.

You'll soon know the price for interfering in something greater than yourself.

It huffed indignantly before its teeth made more clicks.

With such a fragile mother, it didn't take much more than a simple push in the right direction. Poor thing, if she had kept her nose out of such affairs she'd have a few more years left in her.

Everything stopped. Yuna's terror, her fear, and the pain had all stopped at those last words. Her father, this thing, had done something to Shiori. Anger quickly burned across her body and she snapped her head up. Her eyes began to glow brightly, that same tension from before filling her mind.

Her hands clenched so hard that her nails had pierced the skin of her palms. Yuna's breathing had grown shallow as pieces of furniture began to float around them. Her father turned abruptly, ready to strike at her just as Shuichi yelled out.

"Yuna!"

Shuichi's shout died in his throat as he watched the thing was suspended in the air. He watched her slowly stand with her small body. An opened and shaking hand lifted up and the look of pure anger and hatred contorting her face into a snarl as she glared at their captor.

"You hurt her... You did something to Shiori! I won't forgive you!"

She screamed out just as she clenched the lifted hand into a fist. There was no time to register the sound of any bones cracking, just an almost explosive pop sound. Everything in the room was covered in a purple spray. The red-haired teen caught himself as he dropped from his place near the ceiling, rushing to check his nearly unconscious friend.

"Yuna, are you alright?"

"Don't worry about me.. just make sure your mom's okay. I-If he did anything to her... I-I couldn't forgive myself..."

With her last words, she was out. He gently shook her before quickly picking her. He had to get the both of them to the hospital now. He didn't have time to sense the new presence that had appeared during the ordeal.

____________

The short, and shadowed figure watched with burning red eyes as the once-great fox thief left in a rush. Now he had some leverage and the proof that the girl could be somewhat useful in their heist. Now he just needed the teens to agree. Shouldn't be too hard, right?