Uncovered

Hey! I have no idea if there are people actually reading this. leave a comment and I won't think I'm talking to myself...

Comment

Vote

Fan❤

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

Chapter 8

Jenny's POV

I wake up the next morning and stare at the clock.

In vibrant red letters it reads 7:23

The problem here is, I have to get to school by 7:30.

I could already tell that it was going to be an awful day.

I threw on some sweatpants and a t-shirt, put in a loose ponytail, grabbed a handful of lucky charms and my back pack and ran out the door.

I arrived at school at about 7:45 and walked to my first class.

As I walked threw the doorway everyone went quiet and stared at me.

Even my teacher.

I looked down.

I was wearing a shirt, pants and, shoes.

"What?" I sneered as I glared at everyone.

I took my seat and the teacher started writing on the board, but kept glancing back at me with a worried expression.

"Ok class, how do you think the Indians felt as these new people stepped foot on there land?"

Everyone called out stupid answers.

"Afraid!"

"Upset!"

"Turned on!"

"Sad!"

The teacher stopped there yelling with a motion of his hand. "Sad," he explained.

"What are some things a person would be sad about?"

From the back of the room I heard a yell.

"Jenny was probably sad when her mother beat her before school."

My face turned red like I had just sat out in the sun for 200 years.

I forgot to put makeup over the hand shaped bruise left on my face after the other days incident.

Tears welled up in my eyes. But I remained strong.

I just continued writing down what was on the board.

A tear escaped my eye as I tried to remain emotionless.

"Hey guys stop you just made her cry, it's not funny it's actually really serious." I heard the familiar voice from beside me say.

I turned and met eyes with dalton. I noded my head in appreciation.

He looked at me through tender eyes. I could feel the moment we where having settle into my stomach.

Then I remembered it was dalton I was talking about so I broke eye contact and began with writing again.

Class went by and there where many many more rude comments on my face. Something about haveing ruff sex or paying people to hit me...

I hate people.

The bell rang and I got up and got out of class as quickly as possible.

I felt a hand grab my wrist.

My eyes clamped closed.

My whole body flinched.

"No please don't," I said.

"It's ok Jenny it is just me! I'm sorry about what people said in there." Dalton calmly said while loosening his grip around my wrist.

"Yeah thanks... Why didn't you say anything rude?" I replied with venom in my tone.

"Because I could see you where hurt and I didn't want you to be in pain anymore."

"Oh save it Dalton," I yelled. "I'm not getting into bed with you!" I snapped my wrist away from him.

"I don't want you in my bed I just wanted to tell you that if you needed someone to talk to you I'm always around."

I didn't know of he was lying or not so I wiped away the last of my tears and I walked into the girls bathroom to check my face.

My bruise was now purple, green, and you could easily see that it was given to me by a hand.

I began to sob into my hands.

My face ached as I brushed my skin with my hand.

I looked in to mirror and saw a broken girl who really needed to get help, but has to much pride to even tell her own family about her situation.

I walked out of the bathroom and turned to go to my locker.

When I got there I started to get out my binders when I was shoved into my locker.

"Hey, I watched your video again last night. Those guys sounded like they where enjoying themselves. So how much do I have to pay you for a time like that?" The guy snickered.

He high-fived his friend and walked away

Then someone walked up behind me and began to speak,

"I saw that shouldn't you tell someo..."

"No Dalton shut up I can handle myself." I yelled as tears began to flow down my face.

I started to run out the door and away from the school. I didn't know where I was going but I kept running.

I felt my wrist getting pulled on once again.

I stopped running and wiped the tears away from my eyes.

When I looked up I was in a beautiful field covered with wild flowers. And I saw Dalton standing there holding my wrist.

"You going to talk to me about it!" He demanded.

He let go of my wrist and stood blankly in front of me.

I buried my face into my palms and began sobbing.

I felt Dalton wrap his arms around my body.

For the first time, I felt safe when someone touched me.