Chapter 20

"I need my brother to be okay, Nik. He's the one that needs to be safe, I could care less about myself."

"You show very low self esteem, Love," he replies taking a quick glance at me.

"Wouldn't you do the same for your brother or sister?" I look out the window. "Besides, he's my rock."

The rest of the ride is silent. I spend most of my time looking out the window and thinking about what was about to happen. I hadn't had much time with Nik, and I was still very worried about what he could possibly do. Yet with all of this, what is on my mind the most is what just happened in the Mikaelson's home. I kissed Kol Mikaelson, Elijah's younger brother, the guy I like.

Every time I had something nice, I ruin it. It's just brain damaging!

My view suddenly starts to change, and the trees seem to thin out more where a small cabin is at. In my view it's quite beautiful, yet the smallness made it seem crowded.

"You have him here?" I asked astonished.

"It's not exactly, 5-star, but yes, indeed I do."

I catch a quick glance at him before getting out do the car. "Why can't I hear him? Or smell him by that matter?"

I hear Nik stop walking beside me, and I turn. "What?"

He smiles. "I never said he was exactly alive."

My mouth falls agape. I needed him alive! I had to question him. I wanted to be angry, but I was actually not. If he's dead, then my brother is safe.

"Why'd you bring me here if he's dead already?" I asked calmly.

"I don't exactly need your help or anything, but I have some other friends I would like to take care of," he responds opening the door.

"I'm not killing anyone anymore, if that's what to you think," I responded as he closed the door.

"I had a feeling you would say that. When was the last time you had vervain? Was it when I gave it to you?"

I slit my eyes at him, and said, "why do you want to know?"

Truth is, I haven't even thought of drinking vervain. They gave it to me, but I didn't drink it. It's was a small pain, yet it was dreadful. I was beginning to regret it though.

"Well then, we'll have to do this the hard way."

I didn't have time to think, and something had pierced through my skin, and was stabbed at the wall as well. I gasped in shock, and coughed.

"Now I'll just have to put you to sleep. Hopefully I don't rip your head off," he suggested wickedly.

"Nik, don't!"

"Sleep tight."

*****
"Ah!"

When I woke up, I had been tied to some posts with both wrists being held by vervain soaked ropes. He told me he would drain all the vervain out of me until he could compel me.

I had then agreed to go along with him, but he said it was too late.

"Now, shall we do it more?" he asked.

"No, please," I whimpered.

I saw sympathy within his eyes, and he replied with, "this will be better for us two. Trust me. I already killed the werewolf that was after your brother, yet he could have friends."

"Then just let me go! I'll do it, just let me go!" I exclaimed weakly.

He shook his head, and said, "I can't."