Chapter 4

After telling Matt the whole story about how the truck had broken down and avoiding telling him Elijah's name, I caught a ride back with him after he finished his shift. I would have to confront Jer one way or another.

"Matt, do you think he'll flip when I tell him?" I asked glancing over at him.

He looked a bit, but his eyesight returned back to the road.

"Probably not. You were doing it because you wanted to apologize to Alaric. Plus I thought Alaric had moved in with him."

"I don't know any of that but I'll try to calm down."

We were already parked? "When did we get here?" I asked getting out of his truck.

"Right when you finished. Don't worry, I'll stand by you the whole time."

I laughed and we walked up the path and up the stairs. I jiggled the door knob and what do you know, it was open.

"Nice security they have," I huffed out entering the house.

"Jer?" I called out.

"Yeah? Upstairs Gemma!"

Matt and I looked at each other and walked up the stairs to Jer's room. Sure enough he was sitting on his bed putting away some papers.

"Hey there," I spoke taking a seat next to him.

"Hey. What's up Matt?"

"Nothing, just giving your sister a ride home."

I looked at Jer and muttered a sorry.

"The truck stopped working and I had to hitch a ride back. Don't worry I locked the doors and I'll make sure to call someone up there."

"A ride back? With who?" he asked facing me.

"Is that all you heard?" I asked. "Well with a guy. He brought me back. Don't worry, I managed pretty well."

"I couldn't get it out of her either," Matt said plopping down right next to me.

Jer smiled and rolled his eyes. "She knows how to keep a secret. I hope the guy was nice. At least he returned you safely home."

"Really nice guy. A gentleman. Plus he knows you guys, well at least he only mentioned Elena. But I'm sure you guys probably know him as well."

"But you still won't tell us who, huh?" Her asked pushing me against Matt who held me from falling over. "Sorry Matt, didn't mean to push such a heavy object towards you."

"In your dreams Gilbert! I'm as light as a feather. I'll prove it."

I quickly jumped on Jer, making him fall back against the bed. I rolled off him and laughed.

"Told you I was as light as a feather," I said patting his stomach and standing up.

"As light as a feather my ass," he muttered siting up.

"You guys are weird," I herd Matt say.

I turned to him and just laughed. I miss this, the old times where we would just laugh at nonsense and where I could be with my brother. Speaking about annoying siblings...

"Hey Matt," I started off gaining both of their attention. "How's Vickster? I think I plan on visiting her today."

Silence took over the room. Literally. I mean it wasn't awkward, just quiet. I looked at Matt and he looked down.

"Vicky..." He was quickly interrupted by another voice. Damon's.

"Vicky left town after her and Lockwood broke up. I believe she's living happier now."

Matt and Jer nodded together. Vicky left? Are you serious? And after she and Tyler split? Bitch!

"I seriously wanted to see her! That sucks! Wait, what are you doing here?" I asked remembering Damon was here.

"Well I thought Elena would be here, but apparently not," he said taking a glance around the room.

His eyes landed on mine and he grew that devilish smile of his. I looked at him weirdly. Weirdo. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"I'm hungry," he simply responded.

"No!" both Jer and Matt proclaimed.

"Aw, come on! I only want to take my best friend out to eat."

"Best friend?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. I've never been closer to anyone but you. So, ready to get some lunch?"

"You bet!" I exclaimed.

I grabbed Damon's arm and dragged him down the steps, almost falling in the process, and out the front door.

"Are you really that hungry?" he asked me raising a brow.

"Nah, just wanted to get out of the awkward..." I trailed off as I spotted Elena and Caroline walking straight towards us. "Caroline?"

"Awkward Caroline?" I faintly heard Damon ask.

"Oh my God, Elena! You weren't joking when you said she was back!"

She quickly ran to me and engulfed me in a hug. Caroline wasn't the best of friends, but she was alright. We were more separated. I tended to hang out more with Jer and some other teens in school and rarely with my older sister. She was always tight with her group of friends. Plus she was a cheerleader and I was just an art seeker in progress.

"It's so nice to see you again! No one was expecting you," she said letting go, yet keeping me at arms reach. "Yeah, well I was there for 2 years for no reason really."

She smiled and Elena looked at me. "Gemma, what I said when you got here..."

"Elena, I don't care. Just tell me the truth, why was it here longer? That's all. If you tell me truth I'll forget everything."

I crossed my arms over my chest trying to not let my nervousness show. If Elena just told me the truth I would forget everything that has happened. Really. I just want to know why.

"I can't tell you Gemma. Please, just stop," she said rubbing at her forehead.

"Bullshit," I murmured under my breath. "Oh yeah, Elijah says hello and that he'd like to spend more time with me."

"What?" I heard Damon ask.

"I was talking to Elena, Damon."

"Wait. You talked to Elijah? Why would you do that!" she exclaimed coming closer to me.

"No way in hell are you hanging out with him," Damon said.

"Gemma, answer," Elena hissed.

"Because the truck broke down and I caught a ride back with him."

"And then you accept ride from strangers! Gemma, you know that taking rides from strangers is the worst thing possible! Especially from an Original!"

Original?

"Original?" I questioned confused.

They all turned to me and Elena looked the most shocked. An original? Really? What kind of nonsense name is that? And what did the have against Elijah? Especially bitchy Elena?

"Yes. Someone who's ancestors..."

"Were born in Mystic Falls of course!" Caroline finished for Damon.

Oh. I get the name now.

I nodded and smiled. "Well I really like him. You know, as a friend. I really wouldn't mind hanging out with him again. He said I'd see him again. Such a gentleman I must say," I replied smiling.

"No Gemma! Elijah is a gentleman but he is not someone to hang out with. Just start being smart for once."

She pushed past Damon and I along with Caroline who apologized instantly. I turned to Damon and he held a confused look.

"Let's get out of here Pony Girl."

____

Any vampire action is being held for the a few chapters, not that many, like 1 or 2. Cx.