Chapter 14

I looked at all of them the sudden wave of hunger came to me. It felt as I hadn't ate in years!

"Elena, what?" I asked scared.

"I-you-he...Gemma, you died! You've been gone for hours!" She exclaimed with tears.

"Bu-"

"I'm sorry Gemma, you would've turned into something none of us would've wanted. It was not my intention to do what I did," Elijah said.

What was he talking about? And what was my sister talking about? I couldn't be dead, I was clearly alive.

"I'm not dead. I'm obviously alive, are you guys okay?" Nobody said anything and I choked out, "I'm not dead, am I?

"Gemma, you died, but you drank Stefan's blood and came back. But-"

"But what? Cut the crap Elena, what's going on?" I said already starting to get mad. I do remember taking his blood.

"You're...turning," she whispered.

I quirked a brow. Turning into what?

"Turning into what?"

Jeremy let out a displeased sigh and-annoyed-said, "Gem, you're turning into a vampire!"

I tried to speak properly, but just stumbled over my own words. This couldn't be possible. "You guys are lying! Do I look like I'm turning? No!"

"Gemma, are you hungry?" Elena asked.

"Well yeah. Feels like I hadn't ate in years, but that's because I skipped lunch yesterday."

"You have to feed, that's the only think that will keep you alive," Damon said.

I hook my head furiously and ran out of the room, a strange feeling of déjà vu swept by me as I did. I was so close to the door, when I felt an arm pull me back. I saw the door knob leave my sight in slow motion, my only escape.

I turned around in the persons arm and started punching Stefan. "Let me go! Let go of me!"

"Calm down," he said.

I shook my head furiously, and kept punching him. He finally let go of me and I stood there staring as I heard shuffling upstairs. I knew they were coming down, so I took out my pencil from my pocket and stabbed it at Stefan's shoulder. Her cried out in pain, and I took this as a chance to run.

This time I did make it out of the house and I didn't stop running. Again, I felt a strange sense of déjà vu, but I didn't stop running until I was at the forests entrance. I looked forward before I ran in. Once inside, I stopped and looked around.

I seriously have been here. Yes, I've been in and out of this forest since I was a child, but I feel as if I had recently been here. I breath out heavily and out of nowhere, I let out a loud yell.

I can feel the shake of it, and can hear birds leaving the trees.

Why did this have to happen to me? Why? I should've have ever came back, I should've stayed at camp where I would've been safe.

"Are you okay?"

I turn and stared at the guy.

"Damn, Gemma?"

"David?" I ask out of breath.

"Woah, are you alright? What are you doing here?" he asked, stepping closer to me.

I motioned my thumb behind me and shook my head. "I don't know. My heads killing me, and I just had to be alone for a while."

"How about you come with me? We are by the graveyard drinking, I'm pretty sure you can have some," he said dragging me towards his group.

It was dark already, not too dark, but dark nonetheless. My body felt weak, and I was starting to realize I got hungrier and hungrier.

"Hey, look who's here!"

Everyone turned to me, and raised their cups of liquor. I laughed silently, and stood all the way in the back.

I hadn't been friends with these people since I left. It was very awkward, especially with David, he was the one who gave me my first kiss, which was a sloppy mess.

"Why are you all the way in the back?" I heard someone ask.

Gross. It's her. Haley. "I like to be alone."

We were kind of far from the group, so I told Haley to come with me deeper in the forest, I, supposedly, had to vomit.

"That's disgusting. Why didn't you just throw up over there? We're all drunk."

She definitely drunk, out of her range. I shook my head, and kept on walking. I saw a big rock and a boulder ahead of us, and picked the rock up. It was the size of my palm.

I turned to look at her and she stopped. "What?"

I said nothing, and brought the rock down to her head. She fell to the ground unconscious.

"I'm hungry."

Her head was leaking red, and I coated my fingers with it. I had never felt so satisfied as when I tasted it. Right away, I could feel my teeth aching and I felt them with my fingers. I had, fangs?

"This hurts," I said as I felt them more.

I looked at Haley, and then at her neck. I felt so hungry. I sat on my knees and traced her neck with my thumb. I felt a vein, and in no time after I felt myself change, I plunged my fangs to her neck. She moved underneath me, but I just kept drinking until she stopped.

"I never like you anyways," I said as I heard her heartbeat fade.

The sound of laughter caught me attention, and I did what Elijah told me he did to run fast. I stopped behind a tree, and saw them all together. I could smell the alcohol in their systems, something Elijah said he was able to do, and didn't feel like it anymore.

Haley was already unclean, didn't need another drunk.

I walked in to where they were, and they all smiled. "You're back...wait, where's Haley?"

I shrugged. "She said she was coming back here, maybe she left walking."

They shrugged as well, and went on drinking. I took this as an opportunity to leave, and did so.

Surprisingly, I could see perfectly, even if I had just left the campfire. Then everything stilled itself. Realization hit me, hard.

I'm dead. I am no longer alive, well not really. I won't grow old, have kids, or die as so. I'm immortal. That can only bring one thing. Pain. So much pain.

My heat ached, and I placed my hand over it. I'm dead. I'm dead. Dead. Dead. My bottom lip trembled, and I choked back a sob.

Why couldn't I just have a normal life?

And-and why was I so hungry? I didn't get full with my 'meal' because I wasn't craving human blood, no, I am craving something stronger.

_____
Woah! What could she possible be craving?

Wink wink.

Leave your comments👇 and tell me what you think.

:)