Chapter 18

We had barged out of the grill and raced home to Jer. My head was spinning, yet I still had to focus on what was going on. He had to be alright, if he were hurt, it'd be my fault. I killed those people, which triggered their friend. I was to blame.

Everything was so quiet when Damon had broken through the door. All on my mind was hoping that Jer was just sleeping. Nevertheless, I knew it wasn't true when we found no trace of him, and his room was trashed. Tears fell from my eyes, as I fell to my knees.

"Gemma!"

I waved Elena off, and stood up on my own accord. "We have to find him Elena!"

"Calm down. The only thing that was traded was his room, nothing else," Damon spoke. "We can't be sure he didn't just do this, you know how he's been acting."

I looked at him and glared. "My brother isn't crazy. If anything, he's the most sane one of us!"

That silenced them up. Nevertheless, I knew what was wrong with Jer. I thought back to today's earlier events. "Tyler's missing."

"Huh?" Caroline mumbled.

"I was walking home with Tyler, and then he was gone. No less than a second later I was confronted by the werewolf." I started cleaning up Jer's mess in spite of the clutter.

Both Tyler and Jer were missing. I still don't understand how Tyler could've gone missing right under my nose. He was right next to me, I heard, nor saw, anyone force him out. Yet Jer, was here all alone and bad things happened when you're all alone.

Really bad things.

"Look, I can help you find Jeremy, but I'm going to need your help Gemma. You're his sister," Bonnie spoke.

I looked at her confused, and nodded. "I understand." I looked at Elena, and she just turned to Caroline. "Why can't Elena do it?"

I obviously was going to do it, but I knew there was a reason as to why I was chosen. They'd never chosen me before for anything.

"Well because she's not his sister, silly," Caroline responded.

"What?"

"Caroline!" Bonnie exclaimed. "Dammit Blondie, you've done it this time," Damon said.

"Wait, she doesn't know Elena?" Caroline asked as she turned to Elena in shock.

Elena looks at me, and simply shakes her head. "Elena?" My voice sounds broken, but it is ignored by the rest. What do they mean Jer and Elena aren't brother and sister. Of course they are! We've been through the whole 'you're adopted' stage to know we are siblings.

"I'm sorry, Gemma," Elena whispers.

"What does that mean?" I asked desperately.

"Uncle John came back one day, I found out he once had a little baby." I gasped at Elena. I know where this is going. "Him and his girlfriend were too young to take care of a baby. So he did what was best. He gave the baby up, to his brother."

"Stop. Just stop!" I tried to cover my ears, but it was hopeless.

"That baby's name was Elena. Gemma, I'm not your real sister, but I feel it in my heart! You're my sister to me still," Elena explained as she stepped closer to me.

"Please stop," I whimpered.

"An extra year was paid because I wanted you safe! I even had Jer sent away as well, but that didn't work out. You're my little sister, I can't have you getting hurt."

I sobbed quietly to myself, and when I had calmed down, my eyes made contact with Elena's. "No more secrets Elena, please!"

She shook her head, and I hugged her tightly. "No more secrets."