Chapter 12

Elena wasn't happy. Not one bit. She was either furious, or scared. I couldn't tell. Jeremy had tried to get me to reason with everyone, but I couldn't. They were killers, I don't like death, I've been through so much, and apparently my sister is dead. I've already lost 2 people, plus Elena, sort of.

"Gemma?"

I set the glass of water I had, on the counter, and stared at Elena. I know Elijah is one of them, but I can't seem to be mad at him. He told me to take vervain every day and that he would get me a necklace he has already given me, back. Jer told me the faucet water had vervain, so I never sop drinking it.

"Can I speak with you?" she asked.

I scoffed and smiled. I turned around, and placed the glass in the sink before turning around. She was gone.

I don't know why, but ever since Elijah fed me his blood, I've been...craving it.

I don't know why, but I crave it so badly. Nobody knows.

Damon has talked to me, I've talked to him as well, a little that is. Damon is just a great friend, I won't let him go, but that doesn't mean I'll forgive him.

My hand skidded across the counter top, and I flinched as I felt something cut my left palm. I looked and sure enough I had a small incision with blood. Great.

I ran my hand under the sink until the blood diminished and it was no more.

"Are you alright?" I no longer startled when Elijah randomly appeared behind me.

I nodded, turning around, and smiling shyly at him. He's one of them, it always comes back to me at the most unexpected moments.

"Why can't I hate you?" I asked sadly.

His lips parted, and he shook his head.

I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck and looked him in the eyes. I took an arm off his neck and brushed my thumb on his cheek. He closed his eyes at the contact and I let go.

"Gemma, you know what this means," I heard him say behind me when I turned around.

I know what it meant. I knew these feelings I had for him weren't just friendly, I didn't just 'crush' on him anymore, it was something definitely stronger.

"I know." I turned to face him. "I'm scared Elijah, I have never had these feelings before, it's scaring me. What do I do now? I need reassurance that this won't end in a heartbreak."

I could feel the tension in the room. We were talking about feelings. These feelings were new to me, too new.

He said nothing and took a step towards me. "You don't have to be scared. I would never let anyone hurt you, nonetheless myself."

"I-"

"Don't speak."

He leaned down and my breath caught on my throat. He took hold of my chin and slightly raised my head up. His lips brushed exquisitely against mine and I parted my lips slightly when he did the same. I finally felt his lips move and so did mine. Butterflies were floating all around my body now, and I didn't want it to end.

This was our first kiss, my first true kiss.

The kiss lasted a few seconds more before we broke apart, I was slightly out of breath, and he pressed his forehead against my own. None of us said a word for a while.

I finally said, "Elijah, this is why I can't hate you. Because I lo-I like you. A lot."

It almost slipped.

"Then the feelings are quite mutual. But I'm still a vampire, the same as your sister and friends."

"I can't hate you. I don't want to. But I do want to kiss you again," I said staring at him.

He leaned next to my ear and said, "what's stopping you?"

He pulled away and I grabbed by the nape of his neck and pressed my lips against his. This one was less romantic, but I still felt the same, and, most likely, so did he.

*****

Elijah left after the kiss, promising to bring the necklace back before sundown. I can rarely remember the necklace, just because Elijah described it. Apparently the one he gave to me was worth around a 100,000 in today's market. He got it years ago, centuries ago.

Everything around me was spinning. I mean, I have been compulsed so many times, I can't even remember what truly is anymore. Elijah said I've been here about a month, now 2 weeks.

It was early, barely going to be 2 in the afternoon, but it was already boring. There was no school today, and I'm just sitting at home, in my bedroom, alone.

I don't know where anyone is, quite frankly I don't care. Only about Jer. But he's been hiding secrets from me as well, even though we pledged never to do so. I guess he sort of broke his promise, something I wish he had never done.

There was something I couldn't stop thinking about.

I can't get that kiss out of my head. His lips against mine, soft and just perfect. I remember when he grabbed my chin and our lips brushed, but I remember even more the kiss. The kiss that made me fear everything, but love everything.

I lo-like him. I like him. I do. I like him.

"You seem to be deep in thought."

This time I did startle and stared at my doorway. Stefan.

I hadn't seen him ever since the church, not that long, but still.

"Uh. Come in," I said, sitting up from my laying position.

I patted on my beds corner and he nodded, taking a seat and looking at me. I knew what he was, he's one of them, but I still let him come into my room, he was here already anyways.

"So you know?"

I knew what he was talking about. "Yes. An I'm telling you know, I've been drinking vervain, Elijah told me so, so don't try to compel me, it won't work."

He nodded and said, "I wasn't intending to."

We sat in silence for a while, before he spoke. "Can I ask you a question?"

I frowned, but nodded. "Did Elijah feed you his blood?"

How did he know that?

"Yes."

"Oh Gemma. Then you do..." he started off. He smiled a little and said, "crave it."

How did he? I crave it. Ever since Elijah fed me it, I couldn't get it out of my head. I was craving it more than ever, and I couldn't hold myself back for long.

"I thought so."

Before I could ask why he said that, he bit into his wrist and held it out for me.

"Drink it."

I didn't need to be told twice. I grabbed his forearm and placed my lips over the wound. I had never been so pleased than right here, right now.

Stefan wrapped his arm around me, and I just kept drinking. I could feel it in my body, I couldn't stop myself.

What's wrong with me?

•••••

Kill me. I just updated this today, I know. I'm updating soon-free time for homeschoolers-so I'll write that.

So, questions of the...chapter?

Why do you think Gemma is craving vampire blood?

Leave your answers below, and read on. :)