Chapter 2

"So what, do you and your brother live in the same house still?" I asked not taking my eyes off the road.

From my peripheral vision I saw him staring at me.

"Yeah, we've been living together for a while now ever since we returned."

"Returned?"

"We weren't here for some years, that's all," he responded.

I nodded.

"Well I guess we're here," I said stopping in from of our home. "Actually," I then added, "let's go somewhere else."

I drove away from the house and Damon looked at me. "You're not planning on abducting me are you?"

"Yes Damon, I'd like to abduct an older guy because that's how my kink works." I rolled my eyes and smiled at Damon when I saw him do the same.

With my eyes returned to the road I looked for my destination. When I finally spotted it I took no time to park and head out.

"The cemetery?"

"Yes, I want to visit some people," I said turning to face Damon. "By any chance do you know where my aunt was buried?"

He glanced at me worriedly. "I don't think it's best right now, just say your condolences to mommy and daddy and let's go."

I shook my head. "I don't know where they're at..." I trailed off biting my lip.

He motioned with his head and walked off. I quickly followed and walked by his side. It wasn't a long walk, in literally a minute we walked up to 2 graves. I felt goosebumps rise on my body as I read the plaques:

Grayson Gilbert and Miranda Sommers Gilbert.

Beloved parents, friends, and family.

May they rest in peace.

I didn't cry...I couldn't cry. No I really couldn't. I love my parents very much, more than anything matter of fact, but I couldn't do the whole sobbing and crying into someone's shoulder because it was over. They're dead and nothing can make me bring them back. I cried enough at camp.

"Well let's go," I told Damon turning around and walking away.

"Wait, that's it?"

"Yes Damon, I don't need to weep I just needed proof for myself to make sure they were dead."

Damon's hand grasped my elbow and he spun me around. "Elena said you were the most affected by their death, what happened?"

"Life," I responded tugging my arm from his grasp and walking back to the SUV.

Life has changed now. Those close to me died, my older sister holds an unknown grudge for me and I'm extremely hungry a lot more now-a-days. Damon's footsteps followed and we got back on the truck.

"Actually, Wildfire, would you like to have some fun today?" Damon asked.

"You know damn well I would love to. Just what do you have in mind?"

He smirked. "How about we trade seats and I'll tell you on the way."

We switched seats quickly and I might have accidentally hit Damon in the face when we were switching. That was actually progressive.

"So where are you taking me, tall dark and handsomely-stupid?" I asked teasing.

He looked over at me and laughed. "You'll find out soon Pony Girl."

*****

After 10 minutes of driving Damon stopped at an unknown apartment complex. It was very nice, looked quite luxurious. The inside was very beautiful as will and the decor did not fail it.

"Do you plan on killing me in a luxurious condo?"

"No, we're here to visit someone who will find you odd and you'll find him odd," he responded dropping his knuckles on the wooden door thrice. Is that even a word? "Hey, is thrice a word?"

He shrugged and my ears perked up when the locks jingled and the door opened revealing a good looking guy. No, he was really good looking, about his late thirties, early forties.

"Damon and..." he trailed off.

"Gemma, Gemma Gilbert. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance," I pledged proudly sticking my hand out.

"Easy scout girl he's no rich CEO." Damon walked past the man and I, and straight inside his...home?

"Gilbert?" he asked.

"Yeah. Let me guess you know my brother and sister, Jeremy and Elena? Am I right?"

"Of course he does, he's close to them, well more to Jeremy," Damon shouted from somewhere in the flat.

"Yeah, come in please," he said ushering me in and closing the door behind me. "I'm Alaric, Alaric Saltzman"

"Never heard of you, yet I've missed pretty much everything that's happened in Mystic Falls for 2 years."

"Yeah, she's been at a correctional camp for delinquent children," Damon said appearing with beer bottles in his hands.

He tossed one at me and I caught it. "I don't drink Damon, I don't like it. And yes I have."

"You don't drink? you're the first teenager I've heard say that," Alaric says, eyebrows scrunching.

"That's what I said. But didn't you say you wanted to have fun, Pony Girl? Drink up, you won't regret it."

"Please, I won't, but I just really don't drink, makes me feel gross."

I set the beer down on the coffee table sighing and took a seat in front of it. Drinking was pointless to me, what difference did it make? If anything it made me depressed. Damon does not seem to care though, it's as if he could drink anything, weird.

"Damon, this isn't what I meant by fun. Fun is doing something and laughing, visiting your friend is not fun for me. No offense Alaric," I pressed.

Alaric shook his head and smiled.

"Well I thought you would have want to meet your brother and sister's guardian father," Damon said smiling smugly.

"Huh?" Impossible, only family could do that. I didn't even know this man. The hell?

"I took over once Jenna died."

"You knew her? You knew my Aunt Jenna? What were you to her?"

"Wow, lots of questions. But yes, Boyfriend. I really loved her, still do," he answered smiling sadly.

Aunt Jenna had a boyfriend? A very caring boyfriend? Why wasn't I informed not even a spec at that time? We were close, but now that I think about it not even she called.

"She was pretty lovable," I said back.

"Well since that's out of the way how about I take you back home and back to the lunge I found," Damon countered.

"You found it!" I exclaimed standing and hugging him.

I let go of him and smiled. I walked to the door and opened it.

"It was extremely nice meeting you Alaric! Well come on Damon, let's go!"

_____

I do not have a proper excuse, except writers block of course.

But I worked my but off for this at 2 in the morning, but I was really hyper and nothing could stope me.

Yay!

Comment and vote.

<3