6

It had been almost a week and my mom was still sick at home. She wasn't even really sick she just was tired all the time. If it wasn't for the regular throwing up or the fever i would've thought that she was depressed again. After my dad died my mom became really depressed, she wouldn't eat, sleep or do anything else. She got better after she went to therapy but she still was very fragile.

Ashton had visited a couple of times this week but i always made sure that he wouldn't stay long. I didn't want him in my house, my mother was finally happy and he didn't need to destroy that.

I walked into my mom's room after she had called for me.
"You called me?" I asked her, standing in the doorway.

"Yes i did. I want you to take Jack to his doctor's appointment tomorrow morning."

I don't why but this made my mad. "Why can't you do it? You're not even sick anymore."

I could tell that my mom was mad at me for saying that but she was to tired to act like she was.

"The appointment is at 11 o'clock so you and Jack can take the schoolday off and please behave yourself. " she spoke in a strict voice to me.

I gave her cocky smile. "I always behave myself."

My mom didn't smile back and pointed at my hands. "Are you fighting again?"

I looked at my hands, they were still very bruised even though it has been a week since the fight. "No, but i fixed the boxing bag and I've been using it quite enthusiastic, i guess." I said to her, i felt bad for letting her down again.

She sighed "It's better that you wait for your bruises to heal before you start boxing again. And don't do it to often, i don't want you breaking your hand again."

"I'll be careful." I lied.

"Was that all that you had to say?" I asked before leaving the room.

"Ashton and one of his roommates is coming over tonight to help around the house a bit."

I clenched my fist together. "I don't need help, I've got everything taken care of." I said angry to her.

She ignored me.

I slammed the door behind me, i had to let the anger out. I rushed downstairs and ran outside towards the shed. I closed the shed behind me. I finally let all the anger out that I've been building up this week. I thought about how much school sucked, how my little brother could be so annoying but most importantly i was mad at my mother. It wasn't up to her to bring a stanger in to the house.

Calum

"Why are you so nervous?" I asked Ashton while i rang the doorbell of Diana's house. He was biting his nails and rocking back and forth on his heels.

"I don't know, it's just that Diana's daughter hates me and i don't know how to change that." He confessed to me.

I gave him a pat on his back. "Don't worry about it to much. I mean you're Ashton freaking Irwin, who doesn't like you?"

He gave me a small laugh, he secretly knew that i was right about that.

Diana was surprisingly the one who opened the door. She looked kinda pale and tired but not incredibly sick which was a good sign. She let us both in and talked to us for a second before she went back upstairs, she would get Becky to tell us what to do.

Ashton helped her in walking upstairs. She didn't need any help but Ashton just wanted to be close to her again. He had told me that everytime he came over Becky made sure that he wouldn't came to close to Diana. I had never met her or Jack but Ashton had told so much about them that it felt like i also knew them really well.

Jack was sitting in the living room, he was playing with his toys. "Hey buddy, what are we doing here?" I aksed him while i keeled down infront of him.

He stopped playing for a second and looked up at me with 2 big greenish eyes. "Playing." He said uninterested to me.

I decided to leave him alone because he was way to interested in his toys. My phone vibrated, Ashton had texted me. I was really confused about the fact that Ashotn had texted me while we were in the same place.

I opened my phone and read the text.
Ash: Becky isn't in her room. I will search the rest of the rooms upstairs can you look downstairs for her."
Ash: don't yell for her, Diana has a headache

I now understood why he had texted and replied a quick "okay ".

"Do you know were your sister is?" I aksed Jack hoping he would know.

He simply pointed outiside to an shed. I thanked him and walked towards where he had pointed. I heard a loud banging noise inside, like she was beating somebody up. Without knocking i barched inside.

"What are you doing? I almost yelled at her as soon as i opened the door, not yet being able to see inside.

She stopped with what she was doing and turned around so that i could see her face. I now saw the boxing bag hanging on the ceiling.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked with an angry tone.

I looked at her, she was sweaty and her hands were completely red with multiple bruises on them. Ashton wasn't kidding when he said that this kid had scared him the first time they met.

"I'm Calum, roommate of Ashton, cardiologist in the hospital where your mother and my roommates work." I said awkwardly to her. I kinda felt embarrassed that i knew almost everything about her while she didn't even my name.

She pushed me out of the shed, we both stepped out and she closed the door behind her. I only now noticed how out of breath she was. Her hands were shaking when she closed the door of the shed.

"You okay?" I asked her while we both walked back to the house.

"I'm fine." She said in a firm voice.

Ashton was sitting on the floor next to Jack, playing together with Jack's toys. "Ah you've found her." He said relieved.

Before one of us could say something back Becky left the living room. I didn't really know what to do and neither did Ashton.

After a few minutes she retured with a notepad and a pen. "I've written down the things that still need to be done around the house. You're more than welcome to do them if you want but i don't mind doing them myself so if you want to go home, you can. But before you guys leave I've a question. Do you think it is a good idea that my mom visits a doctor?"

I let Ashton answer this one because Diana was his girlfriend.

"I think that an doctor visit can never hurt. And you know your mom the best so if you feel like that is the right to do than you should just do it." Ashton said to her.

She nodded understandably at his answer.

Even though Becky had tried to make us leave multiple times we stayed. We finished all the chores on the list. I found the chores quite annoying but i could see that it made Becky more comfortable with the idea of having Ashton around.

After Ashton went upstairs to say goodbye to Diana he came back downstairs to say goodbye to Jack and Becky. He gave Jack a hug but didn't bother giving Becky one because she would just back away.

So far Becky had completely ignored Ashton when he would leave the house. But today she didn't do that. She stood in the doorway while we both stepped outside.

She sighed and looked at the ground. "I guess I'll see you again tomorrow."

I could that hearing those few words made Ashton very happy.

"You will definitely see me again tomorrow."