Confessions

You were supposed to meet Anthony today. That was the plan and hopefully it would happen. Because you had something important to tell him.

You just left your house to go to the downtown park, a nice comfortable place to confess, so you thought.

~~

Arriving a bit later than you originally attended, you sighed. The foot traffic was busy this afternoon, however, this little inconvenience wasn't going to hinder your plans.

You made your way to the park, fidgeting with your hands and going over the conversation over and over again in your head. You hoped that you wouldn't be to nervous to tell your feelings to him.

When you got there, you didn't see him there, maybe he would come late. he isn't very punctual most of the time.

~~

You were starting to get a bit impatient, it's been a few hours and he still hasn't showed up to the park. He hasn't been this late before and it has you worried. Maybe he forgot about it? Forgot about you...Maybe he doesn't like you how Molly described it.

Nearly another hour passed without him showing up, and you started thinking it was a lost cause after all. You got up to leave when you started hearing approaching footsteps and a very recognizable voice.

"Leavin' so soon? But I just got here." Anthony called.

You paused and turned around, relieved that he didn't forget. You went to hug him tightly. "I...Thought you forgot."

"Forgot?" He began to laugh as he pulled away from your grasp. "Why would I forget about ya'? I just got caught up in some family bullshit is all." He sighed, looked away and ran his hand through his hair. "So, why did ya' want ta meet here (y/n)?" He looked at you again.

Suddenly, you were nervous again, rubbing your arm. Sighing and gaining composure, you looked at him. "It's because I love you Anthony." Your cheeks felt hot, and your hands clammy.

There was an uncomfortable pause, it seemed like everything went silent. Then suddenly, you were pulled into a tight hug. It surprised you for a moment before you relaxed into his arms, accepting the embrace.

"I...I love you too (Y/n)." He said into your hair. You tried to nod.

"I know."

You and Anthony were in an embrace for awhile, you felt calm, happy and joyous. Today has been a good day.