𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

Warning:
- angst

~•~

"You're kidding."

"I'm sorry Ms. (L/n), as staff of the hospital we are not permitted to make such insensitive jokes. Ms. Tendo is on her way to the hospital to see her son, and she asked us to inform you."

"H- how? He was stable! He was fine!" You insisted.

"Mr. Tendo didn't die because of his previous injury."

"Excuse me?"

"There was an intruder in his room, the police suspect that he got in and out through the window."

"So you're telling me." You said slowly. "That he was attacked a second time?"

"Ms. Tendo requests your presence here, and the police also would like to speak to you—"

"You think I give two shits about the fucking police when Satori is dead? Tell me about his condition you—"

Ushijima snatched the phone out of your hand and put it up to his ear. "I apologise, she'll be there soon." He said and hung up.

"What was that for?" You lashed out.

"Ms. Tendo needs you right now, we can find out what happened when we get there." Ushijima answered and put your phone back in your coat pocket. "Let's go." He grabbed your wrist and broke out into a run.

You weren't questioning him, he'd never been so stern with you, his tone of voice wasn't to be messed with. Besides, between the two of you, Ushijima relied more on logic than emotion. If there was ever a time to trust him, it was now.

Despite appearing calm and unbothered, every so often Ushijima's face was clouded with worry, doubt, and confusion. You removed his hand from your wrist and laced your fingers together, giving his hand a gentle reassuring squeeze. You weren't the only one affected, that was for sure.

Ushijima nodded at you gratefully, and both of you bolted through the hospital doors and charged for the stairs, heading to Tendo's room at top speed, ignoring the warnings of staff asking you both not to run in the hospital.

You'd never really understood the madness that overtook someone's head when they were angry, frustrated or struck by grief. But now that you had experienced it first hand, you didn't blame them.

Losing a loved one was more than enough to drive someone over the edge. As for you? You were barely sane in the first place, Tendo's death was just your breaking point.

"Tendo-san." You gasped, leaving Ushijima's side and taking both her hands in yours. "What happened? Satori can't be gone, this isnt real right?"

She couldn't speak at first , she only broke down in front of you and threw her arms around you. "He's gone, (f/n)." She bawled into your shoulder and you felt your body go limp. "My baby is gone."

~•~

"He was stabbed again with the same knife, same area. Last time it was a mere stab wound, this time he twisted the knife and that left more damage than the first time. It doesn't help that his wound was fresh too." The police explained.

"And where were you while this was happening?" You asked, tearing your eyes away from Tendo's body, which they now covered with a sheet.

"Pardon?"

"My brother. While he got stabbed by a psychopath who escaped without leaving a trace, what the fuck were you doing?" You demanded.

"(F/n), stop." Ushijima said quietly.