Mini sequel: a thousand years

I fiddled with the box that held the ring inside. I was beyond nervous. I couldn't shake this anxious feeling inside my stomach. It made me want to throw up. It felt like a million butterflies fluttering around.

I took a couple deep breaths to calm my nerves.

I looked at the picture beside the bed. It was Tzuyu and I back in high school. I smiled at it as I kept replaying what I'm going to say inside my head.

It has been seven years since Tzuyu and I have dated. We've come this far and I couldn't have been more happy. She's more than I ever wanted in life. She makes my heart complete. I never imagined us getting this far.

I called her about thirty minutes ago and she told me that she was leaving work. I've had this ring for over three months. I couldn't find the right time to give it to her, so here I am, sitting on our bed, freaking the hell out.

I've waited almost all my life in high school to make Tzuyu mine, and now we're together, and I'm about to make her my wife.

I heard a car door slam shut and my heart almost exploded.

I pushed the box under the pillows and got up to meet her downstairs. I came down the stairs just in time for her to walk in, looking beautiful as ever. She looked exhausted but I didn't blame her, because her hours at work are ridiculous. She works ten hours everyday, except for the weekends.

She's a nurse at the hospital and they have some hellish hours.

As for me, I'm staying home right now because I'm off of my job at the moment. Tzuyu knows but she wasn't too happy when she found out. She told me that I should just quit and find another job, but I disagreed because I loved my job.

I was a mechanic, and I was the best. I was the only girl there, but I didn't let that stop me. I worked my ass off and made sure I got the job done. My boss loved me, so I don't know why he told me to take a few weeks off.

Tzuyu made her way in the house and I immediately pulled her into me. I smelled her scent and I smiled against her neck. "Welcome home, love."

She hugged me back and patted my back. I pulled back to look at her. She's still the same gorgeous girl I fell for in high school, but more beautiful than ever..

She works hard and it's been paying off. We live in a decent house and she makes enough money to help us.

She smiled at me then kissed my forehead. "I'm tired babe, I'm going to take a nap, ok?"

I nodded then told her I'll make her something to drink. She walked upstairs and I went to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. I was walking to the stairs when I remembered the ring box under the pillow.

Shit!

I ran upstairs and into the room just in time as Tzuyu was stripping out of her clothes. I ran to the bed and laid down.

She stared at me. "What are you doing?"

I smiled then shrugged. "Thought I'd lay down with you. Is that ok?" She smiled then nodded and got on the bed. She pulled the covers up over us and snuggled to me. "I love you."

I smiled and held her. "I love you more."

I laid there next to her as she fell asleep. I caressed her cheek and thought about how lucky I was to have such a beautiful and amazing woman in my life. I couldn't wait to see her walk down the aisle.

I slowly reached under the pillow and pulled the box out, holding it in my hands.

This was real. This is what love really feels like. To have a person laying next to you, fast asleep, and being able to lay next to them for the rest of your life. Knowing that no matter what life throws at you, it'll always be worth it.

Having her and Lisa bully everyone back in high school, then it all comes to an end to find out that it doesn't matter if you're gay, or transgender, or whatever the hell you want to be. Because nobody will take that away from you, and if you're strong enough, you'll realize that nobody else matters but what you want to be. It's your life and you choose to do what the hell you want to do.

I say, the hell with everyone else who disagrees with your decisions in your life. You want to be gay? You go do it, I support you. You want to change your gender? Good for you, if you don't like who you are, then do whatever you think you'll love yourself to be in the end. If someone is bullying you for being yourself, tell them to go to hell. It's none of their business.

Laying here with Tzuyu, who used to be one of those people who bullied everyone for being different, proves everything wrong. She's with me; a girl. And she'll be with me until we're dead. I don't care about anybody else's opinions because they're all invalid. I'm living my life, you go live yours.

I open the box and reveal the ring, then look at Tzuyu who's asleep next to me. I lean over and kiss her forehead and thank God he brought her into my life.

I take a deep breath then sit up on my knees facing her. I gently shake her awake and hide the box behind my back. She opens her eyes and looks at me.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

I smiled and shake my head. "Tzuyu, I want to ask you something." This time she sits up and looks at me.

I pull my hands out of front of me and see her eyes widen when she sees the ring.

I smile at her as her eyes find mine. "Tzuyu Chou, will you marry me?"

She wipes her eyes and nods then wraps her arms around my neck, crying on my shoulder. She pulls back and smiles through her tears. "Yes."

I take the ring out the box and slide it on her finger. I look at her as she admires the ring. "I love you, Tzuyu Minatozaki."

From that day on, I knew my life was just starting.