Chapter 21 :" Last Birthday "

Few months later.

Arun wasn't sure why he had been asked to get ready on a formal suit  but Gauri had been insisted that they will celebrate his birthday with all their family.

She even brought him a new suit from her salary as his birthday gift. She had been doing that a lot recently where her focus had been to make him happy by her gestures.

It was her way of coming to terms with his death and so he let her do as she wished including throwing a birthday party where every person who attends will know it would be his last.

And he wasn't ready for his farewell yet but people would still look at him and think ,how sad he will die soon but Gauri wanted this for him and he hadn't been able to say No .

He checked his appearance in the mirror one last time before trying to find the  courage to walk outside his room. When the sound of his door opening made him lose the courage but once his eyes found the person who entered he felt a smile flicker on his face .

His son tiny hands moved to call him " Dad " a word he thought him and when he first learnt how to do it , Arun broke into tears worrying his son by his outburst.

He couldn't make more than few words ,dad and mom being the only one he used often because he knew every time he calls them by his tiny hands ,his parents will shower him with all the attention and love .

So his son expected himself to be lifted into Arun arms as he held on his tiny frame whose tiny lips kissed his cheek ,another gesture he knows which will earn him affection .

" Aren't you getting really brilliant at being a adorable son , " he whispered to his son, who was content to be in his arms and he just noticed that Gauri had dressed up his son exactly in the same suit as him .

Arun knew his son would have been sent by his wife , and holding him in his arms . He suddenly found all the courage he need to walk out of his room .

" Do you want to go out?  " he asked,  his son who shook his head in answer , Rahul life had been surrounded inside the house that sudden guests made him terribly shy .

" You can play with Ishaan , " he spoke up,  next and somehow his brother in law name was enough to convince his son 

Once he stepped outside the room with his son ,it took him a moment to grasp the number of people in the house.  His house was filled with people ,all familiar faces but his eyes searched for his wife amongst the crowd.

He knows how much she hated crowds and yet she went to this extent for him and so he smiled at her and was relieved to know her father was standing beside her.

Her entire family came for a visit few days ago due to his birthday. And he was relieved to see them , sometime he tend to forgot Gauri has her family to fall back after his death.

But seeing them came as a relief to know he wasnt leaving them alone.

" Happy Birthday Bhai , " Ishaan spoke up , as he was the first to reach him and his son was happy enough to jump into Ishaan arms in hopes he will get him out of the room. 

" Thanks Ishaan ,take Rahul to his room . He doesn't like crowds . I will come and call when it was time for cake cut,  " he answered back, as he made his way towards Gauri .

He had been way laid by well wishers and friends . People who rarely stay in touch come when the news of death spreads ,it may be the reason his house was filled but still to know this much people cared even a little bit made him feel better.

And he was surprised to see one familiar face among the crowd ,he didn't expect. His brother starring right at him .

                    *********************