Chapter 15 :" Moving On "

Dedicated to haronger : I am just thrilled to have you as a part of this series . And I can't believe you caught up with all the books this soon.

A Year Later.

Gauri looked at Arun antics and felt a smile curl up her face , he was going all out for their son birthday party.  Something their one year old would hardly remember .

At that moment Arun and her brother were decorating the living room with balloons and her parents were busy practicing the sign language for happy birthday song .

Arun had been too enthusiastic ,and he began his plans over a month ago and even invited her entire family who were more than happy to meet their grandson and nephew.  It has been two months since they visited and Rahul had been growing faster that they feel like they missed out on seeing her son new antics .

Unlike Gauri and Arun who are so content to bask in their son , each step or progress in their son life makes them happier than words could explain ,the first time he began to crawl was when he was around 7 months old .

Gauri had let him play in his playroom and was sitting in the couch when it happened ,she might have screamed Arun name which startled her son that he stopped moving , so when Arun came to her room running and was disappointed to learn he missed their son first movements .

Their son more than compensated for it by now making  Arun wish he would slow down a little ,there is no where Rahul doesn't crawl .The house was baby proofed even before he was born yet the knowledge that he could move in the blink of an eye  is bit scary at times.

Her son got a room of his own as well that is currently used as a playroom of sorts considering Gauri doesn't want to let him sleep alone yet . He has been sleeping better now and wakes up only few times in the night than before that she had been able to sleep better as well .

Her nightmares isn't fully gone yet and she had given up hope that it will happen as well but she had found happiness with her son and she was  content with her life .  

Currently her son was in his room sweeping unaware of the chaos in the living room ,she just checked on him few minutes ago and he hadn't woken up yet , George, her son pediatrician said it was normal for him to sleep for few hours at stretch and he will gradually grew out of it ,and sleep longer in the night .

When Gauri went to his room thirty minutes later ,her son was up and crying as well . It broke her heart every time she stumbled upon it but she came to terms with it as she lifted him up and whisper sorry in his ears for not checking up sooner .

Once he was fed and changed into his new birthday costume that Arun spend a fortune on much to her protest ,he was calm and happy .

And when  his eyes spotted Ishaan ,he leaped towards her brother . He wasn't tiny any more that sometime she was surprised by his strength . In all ways her son was a healthy baby except she would never been able to listen to the sound of his voice .

Arun hadn't given up yet , but so far they haven't be able to find a solution . Sometimes it become the only level of discord between Arun and Gauri ,she didn't want Rahul to feel like we can't accept him as he is and Arun doesn't want Rahul to grew up wishing his parents did more to help him .