T W E N T Y F I V E

Start from the beginning

I walked into my room and pulled out the suitcase.

I was going to enjoy it. It was my first excursion outside NYC. I won't let him dampen my life. He doesn't exist to me. It's my vacation. 

First went in the dresses; my best dresses- summer frocks and dresses which I never wore because I didn't look like 'me'when I wore them. I looked fragile and lively in them. Then, I threw my flats and sunglasses. 

Making a different bag for toiletries, I stepped back and looked at the luggage and sighed.

I wanted to scream in joy and excitement but the adrenaline stopped pumping in my body last night. I felt a bit less than the neutral self I was. I wanted to just sit and stare at the TV screen all day, not thinking, not feeling because I felt tired. Tired of my life. Death felt so easy and inviting. I almost craved it.

Pulling down my luggage down thirty- three steps wasn't a piece of cake. After huffing and puffing, and not losing my sanity I made it. 

I settled in the front seat next to him, promising myself not to talk, not to look and to believe that he wasn't there. I was shit sure about it. I plugged my ear plugs and dropped my head back when the sound of waves crashing against the shore filled my ears.

This type of music, with no lyrics helps me paint my own thoughts clearly with a natural background music. That's why I seeked them.

I wondered how adamant the waves were. No matter how many times the shore pushed them away, they always returned back. That was true love. It's not that only humans are capable of loving and being as sacrificing as nature. I doubt if we can even love. We just make acquaintances because we are lonely and need someone, not because we really desire them. Humans are just selfish and self centered, including me. 

And I know that I can never be as sacrificing as the waves or nature. My ego is bigger than anything. And also, I am insecure. I don't want to be left with nothing. What would I do with being charge less? 

The engine of the car died and the locks ticked open. My eyes fluttered before opening. I scrambled out and was about to pull out my luggage. 

But he said, "There are people watching. My hitch man will do it. Just walk. And try to behave happier and wipe that look from your face that you have been killed thrice. And walk-"

I walked away before he could end his so-called lecture. I was least interested in that, right-now or ever after.

He sucked in a breath behind me, as I walked towards the waiting area. I sat down and pulled out my phone and informed the NGO regarding I won't be in the town. Some people were reading books and I wondered how people could even read a book. I mean, how can you sit in one place and read for hours. I'd just get a headache if I do that. People just don't have work to do so they pass their leisure by staring at figures on a tarnished page.

***

I don't know how much god hates me or if it was written in my destiny but I had to sit between Theodore and an old man. The old man was on the window side.

"Sir, do you mind exchanging your seat with me?" I asked so politely that I was sure he couldn't say no for an answer.

"Oh, I am so sorry dear but this is my first ride in a flight. I want to see how the clouds look like from this up." He said pleasantly and so cheerfully that I bit my tongue before a string of curses flew out of my mouth.

I grunted and closed my eyes, falling back. Why don't he do paragliding or bungee jumping or whatever? Plane is for travelling, for God's sake and not to look at cotton candies. Ew, I hate cotton candies. I hate sweets. I hate everyone. 

Theodore was smirking and I could feel it with my eyes closed. I opened my eyes and looked over casually. Hoping, he won't know I was looking at him.

 He was working on his laptop. He seriously didn't give two flying fucks about anything but his goddamn work. And I was just imagining hum smirking at me.

Why was I getting frustrated?

I don't want his attention.

No, I didn't.

***

When he kissed her
She felt as if she was losing her mind
And when he kissed her twice
She wasn't sure if she wanted it back.

***