CH146-150

146**

Qin Song's career was not without failure. His biggest mistake was made when he was 22 years old. He had invested in a fraudulent company which resulted in him losing millions. The company had shown patents a novel product but it turned out all of the paperwork had been forged and the product actually belonged to a company overseas. The issue was eventually resolved with the help of Qin Weimin and an out of court settlement for several millions of dollars. 

Suffice to say the Qin family took this opportunity to tear him down. Members of the Qin family would call out of the blue or turn up at the company uninvited to question his work or just to kick him while he was down. For a year of his life, he was constantly ruminating about his failure, he was always stressed. He double, triple quadruple checked any investments he made. Qin Song not only lost weight and sleep, but he had also lost belief in himself and his instincts.

He was a zombie for those 365 days. Qin Song slowly saw that he was getting results from his subsequent investments and any losses he incurred would be minimal and he had learned how to manage losses and reduce damage. He managed to pull himself out of the dark hole that was called failure. Qin Song promised himself not to be blindsided or to allow himself to enter such a dismal state. Every decision he made would be made wholeheartedly and he would graciously accept success and graciously accept failure. Either of which could happen within the blink of an eye. The biggest promise he made to himself was that he would never allow Qin family or anyone else to ever mess with him and his family. They would never be allowed to dictate what he did or question his decisions. 

Qin Song had taken the money that his brother had earned or saved and invested it in their names so they had their own money separate from the "Qin family" money. He even took the money that was gifted to little 4th when he was born and invested it into bonds for him. Old money came with conditions and expectations. The Qin family were largely silent now because their pockets were lined with money without them having to do much. 

The Qin family's reputation and power continued to grow steadily. 

Even when his father took a new wife, they didn't kick up too much of a fuss. As per Qin Song's grandfather's will which had a detailed section about remarrying secondary wives/husbands. In the Qin family, the first wife/ husband would be recognized as the true spouse. Secondary spouses would not be added to the genealogical records and would have to sign prenups. The prenups stated that spouses would only leave with the assets that they had brought into the marriage. Their children would only remain in the Qin family for as long as they did and the children would not be entitled to inherit any Qin family assets. Qin Song's stepmother had assets of her own and was good with investments. She had a healthy-looking bank balance and had created a college fund and inheritance for little 4th.

Qin Song hated the hypocritical Qin family. They liked 21st-century money but they favored imperialistic, outdated, old fashioned customs and ideals. They had even suggested that he and his brother could marry their cousins to keep the qin family bloodline pure. 

Qin Song heard his phone ringing. 

He took his phone out of his pocket without evening opening his eyes: "Yes?"

He Minzhe: "What with that tone of voice? Aren't you happy to hear from me?"

Qin Song: "I'm hanging up."

He Minzhe: "Wait. Wait. Wait. If you hang up then I won't tell you about your girl."

Qin Song opened his eyes: "What?"

He Minzhe: "Hmm. I thought you were going to hang up?"

Qin Song massaged his forehead: "Minzhe."