Chap 94-96

Qin Jingfei's Office- Wednesday

Qin Jingfei was nervously shuffling around at her desk whilst on the phone to Madam Qin.

Qin Jingfei: "Auntie I think we need to rethink this mission. I'm not strong enough to face Dr. Li."

Madame Qin: "Jingfei. You are the director of Unity hospital. Your role allows you to assign members of your staff to a project."

Qin Jingfei: "But it's Dr. Li. DR. LI. DR.LIIII!"

Madame Qin: "Jingfei. Stop repeating Xiuying's name. It's just a simple task. It's not like your life is on the line. Okay I have to go now, I have a lunch date with your uncle."

Qin Jingfei: "Auntie, hello Auntie." She looked at her blank phone screen.

She got up from her chair and started nervously pacing.

Qin Jingfei gave a self depreciating laugh: "It's not like my life is on the line."

Qin Jingfei heard a voice coming from behind her.

"Your life?"

Qin Jingfei nodded: "It's not on the line." Then she realized she actually heard a voice and it wasn't just in her mind. She turned around to see Li Xiuying by the door.

Qin Jingfei yelped. "Ah Dr. Li fancy meeting you here hehehe. Come in come in."

She awkwardly tried to sit on the side of her desk but kept slipping due to the silky material of her skirt.

Li Xiuying quirked a brow at Qin Jingfei's odd behavior, Qin Jingfei was the one who had set up this meeting to talk about the project. 'She's hiding something.'

Qin Jingfei finally gave up on trying to sit on her desk. "Why don't we sit on the sofa's?"

Li Xiuying quietly walked over to a sofa and took a seat.

Qin Jingfei sat opposite Li Xiuying.

Li Xiuying: "Hiding something?"

Qin Jingfei: "Dr. Li I don't understand what you mean."

Li Xiuying frowned.

Qin Jingfei cleared her throat. She told herself it's now or never.

Qin Jingfei: "Dr. Li there was actually something I wanted to talk to you about today. It's actually regarding the programme and the co-lead."

Li Xiuying leaned forward slightly.

Qin Jingfei: "I initially told you that I would be the co-lead however my schedule doesn't allow me to do so. However, I am happy to say that we have found a replacement. You're co-lead will be..."

A knock interrupted Qin Jingfei's nervously chatter.

Qin Jingfei rushed to the door as if she was given a lifeline. She pulled the door open. Qin Song stepped into the room.

Qin Jingfei turned to Dr. Li: "Dr. Li your co-lead is here, CEO Qin Song. I would just like to inform you both that your positions are non-negotiable, non-changeable, non-swappable, non-exchangeable."

Li Xiuying began to protest: "Contract clause number..."

Qin Jingfei: "I realize you are not specifically contracted to lead this programme. However Dr. Li it does state that you will take part in any activities and projects conducted by Unity hospital. The reasons for not participating are A. you have a moral/ ethical objection, B. it is purely for the promotion of the hospital or C. if it involves any photography or filming.

I would like to address all these issues. I will remind you that this project was your idea so I believe you don't have a moral objection. Additionally I believe you didn't suggest this project to purely promote the hospital. We will ensure no one takes any pictures or video clips during the sessions. However, we will have a professional photographer at each session to take pictures of those who have given permission."