CH136-140

136**

Chen Wei sighed and looked disappointed: "If only you could have used that intelligence to avoid getting caught in the first place. I forgot to add earlier that I have evidence that you have received bribes into your offshore accounts. Oh and that you have offshore accounts."

Chen Wei had an evil glint in his eye: "Let's say your little delusion of Emerald hospital being affected by this situation happened. Emerald hospital will never go down. We will simply make someone irrelevant and distantly connected to another hospital take the fall and conveniently place evidence for the investigators to find. When he or she goes down we'll just plead ignorance. We will then demonstrate our willingness to help with the investigation in any way shape or form. That way we can frame our competitors, get rid of you and improve our wonderful reputation. Sacrifice one for the good of the many. We always have some'one' who can be sacrificed."

Yang Zian felt defeated: "Tell me what needs to be done." 

Chen Wei smiled with malice: "I'll tell you this Dr Yang Zian, the only reason why we're keeping a liability such as yourself is because we have put effort into cultivating you and haven't recieved enough in return for those efforts. And in case you get any ideas in the future when you regain your good reputation and status, be warned that I have many more ways to destroy you. I've just mentioned the obvious things today." He always kept his cards close to his chest. 

Yang Zian nodded. In all the time he had worked in Emerald hospital, he had only seen the calm, amicable and approachable Chen Wei. This was the first time he had seen the true face of Chen Wei and it sent shivers down his spine. 

Chen Wei: "Since you amused me with your misplaced bravery today, you'll only receive a 10% pay cut. I will help you to prosper as long as you follow the path I have set you."

Chen Wei saw that Yang Zian's expression had eased slightly. He knew that it was equally important to use the stick and give the carrot. Chen Wei had to loosen the leash enough that Yang Zian believed he had autonomy.

Chen Wei: "Are you ready to comply?"

....

Shen Qui's car 

He Minzhe: "I've called my chauffeur to come and pick us up at yours." He had been drinking earlier and left his car at the Shen residence when he got the call. He was too tired to drive it now and ordered someone to pick it up. 

Shen Qui continued looking at the road ahead: "Cool."

Qin Song: "Someone will be delivering the documents I spoke to you about earlier. Is your uncle on standby?" 

Shen Qui's uncle was currently one of 3 candidates being considered for the future head of the Ministry of Public Security. Qin Song thought he would aid Shen Mengyao by helping him unearth a shocking scandal. A tale of bribing medical council members, a doctor harming patients and colleagues to progress in their career and a systematic cover-up of it all. There were also some small details about offshore accounts, tax evasion, and many other interesting events.

Qin Song smirked a little as he imagined Chen Wei's current state and felt elated. He was going to get rid of Yang Zian once and for all, for the good of Unity hospital. It just so happened that Li Xiuying would also benefit from his actions. 

He knew that she didn't want him to meddle, so he figured as long as he didn't reveal himself and made the situation seem like it was karma in action it was fine. Additionally, if she did find out then she couldn't chastise him for meddling because this was the situation he meddled in previous to her warning. So technically it was counted as meddling once. Well, that's how he justified it in his mind.