Ch126-130

126**

A waitress approached the group of 7: "Dr Chen, Miss Li and friends, I will escort you to your table."

Everyone was chatting amongst themselves as they followed the waitress.

Ling Qiang: "Bro Wei it seems like I've underestimated your abilities and reputation."

Chen Wei gave him a quizzical look: "Hmm?"

Ling Qiang smirked: "I thought we would be seated by the door or by the kitchen or something. It actually seems that we may be seated at a prime location."

Chen Wei gave him a droll look.

Ling Qiang put both his hands up: "I was wrong for underestimating you. Your reputation and beauty proceed you."

The group started laughing at Ling Qiang's words which although complementary were more fitting for a woman.

Chen Wei: "That is down to my genetics and also my fortune for standing next to you; who could make a gremlin seem attractive."

Ling Qiang chuckled in response.

Li Yu Yan who still had humor in her voice: "Brother Ling it was your fault for picking a losing battle. Hmph." She hooked her little finger around Chen Wei's and blushed slightly.

Ling Qiang pretended to look distraught: "Must you kick me while I'm down and force feed me dog food?"

He Meiying narrowed her eyes when she spotted a figure that looked somewhat familiar.

Li Na looked at He Meiying who seemed to be annoyed all of sudden: "Sis Meiying is everything okay? What are you..." She turned to her right to look at what had caught He Meiying's attention.

Li Na: "Isn't that Xiuying?! I knew I saw her at the entrance earlier!"

Shen Mo Chou: "The raggedly little orphan girl? Where?"

Li Na pointed to a table. Everyone turned to look.

Waitress: " Dr Chen this is your table. Here are your menus. Would you like to order any drinks?"

Chen Wei's gaze was captivated by the vision in green.

Li Yu Yan grimaced internally as she saw Chen Wei's reaction. She gently tugged on Chen Wei's sleeve: "GeGe."

Everyone looked at the table which was only 9 feet away from Li Xiuying's. Their table was diagonally in front of Li Xiuying's table.

....

Ren Daiyu and Yao Changying propped up the menu blocking them from view. She whispered to Li Xiuying: "Are the people sitting to the right of us your family?"

Ren Daiyu rolled her eyes and whispered: "What gave it away?"

Yao Changying ignored Ren Daiyu's sarcasm: "2 things. One that they kept looking over here with shocked expressions and two because they look like they're cursing Li Xiuying to eternal damnation. How many cousins hate you?"

Li Xiuying: "Li Na -blue. Li Yu Yan-purple."

Yao Changying: "Why does the one in silver seem to be trying to kill you with her gaze then?"

Li Xiuying shrugged. She couldn't remember offending the woman.

Ren Daiyu: "Is the one in the black suit the scum b*****d?"

Yao Changying smirked: "What gave it away?"

Li Xiuying nodded: "Chen Wei."

Yao Changying: "What's the plan?"