Chapter 76-93

Chapter 76: Personal Accounts and Investments

Li Wang looked at the phone in his hand contemplating the meaning of life. 'Did that really happen?"

Li Wang took a deep breath and called His contact at Theta bank. He wiped his sweaty palms on his slacks.

Male voice: "Hello Theta bank. I'll be your adviser Kang Liang. How may I help you today?"

Li Wang: "Liang it's me Li Wang. I wanted to ask about the status of..."

Kang Liang spoke in a hushed voice: "Wang! You've got some nerve! Do you know how much trouble your niece has caused me?"

Li Wang was confused: "What are you talking about?"

Kang Liang: "Your niece Li Xiuying cancelled her account with Theta bank. All her funds have been transferred. She switched account on Saturday the 13th. My manager is breathing down my neck for losing a multi-million dollar account."

Li Wang: "What?! How could this be? On Saturday? Liang listen to me I truly have no idea what's going on."

Kang Liang: "Who do you think you're fooling with your innocent act? Do you know how much I'm suffering right now? My manager is watching me like a hawk! The only reason I can talk to you now is because he was called away by an urgent matter. Li Wang mark my words I won't be suffering alone."

Li Wang could hear Kang Liang try to slam the receiver down but miss. After some more slamming the line went dead.

Li Yu Yan handed a cup of tea to her father: "Daddy have something to drink."

Li Wang looked at the concern etched on his daughter's face and felt his anger slightly dissipate. he took the cup from his daughter's hand and leaned back on the sofa.

Li Mei Wu: "Honey, what's going on?"

Li Wang: "It seems that Li Xiuying has cancelled her account with Theta bank and switched to City bank."

Li Mei Wu looked perplexed: "How did she manage to close the account without any passwords or login details?"

Li Wang: "She switched the account instead of closing them down directly."

Li Mei Wu asked in trepidation: "Do you think that she's switched all the accounts?"

Li Wang: "It seems likely. I have to call the other banks now." Li Wang picked up his phone once again.

Li Wang called City Bank first.

Adviser: "Hello, how may I help you today?"

Li Wang: "I would like to talk to Bao Fengge. This is Li Wang."